Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • NICE FLAT PEDALS???
  • jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Im looking for some nice flat pedals to compliment my new bike build,
    The bike is a TOMAC SUPERMATIC 120!

Looking for a nice/thin/grippy set

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

I was looking at the Exotica alloy 6061 flat pedals or the Outland slimline cnc pedals?

Northwind

Budget?

Nanos and Wellgo MG1s are both class acts at a sensible price.

spudly1979
    Free Member

+1 for nanos

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Budget is probs £50 MAX

Elmo
    Free Member

I’m quite liking the DMR vaults at the moment.
    Think they’d suit my bike, but not my wallet!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=62237&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom

Liftman

Dmr vaults +1, wide n grippy 😀

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Yeah, they are quite nice but pricey!

kane10255
    Free Member

kane10255
    Free Member

Go for a pair of straitlines, super grippy and last a lifetime. Well worth the extra dosh, or get a used set should be in great nic.

stevede
    Free Member

I treated myself to some Point One Podiums, lovely pedals, low profile and grippy, tick all the boxes but they are expensive. Ran Nanos for years with no issues, just fancied a treat!

Neil-F
    Free Member

Nanos here too, decent pedal for the price.

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Them Point one Podiums look sooo good!

jimmy-s3
    Free Member

Think i might go with the Outland Slimline CNC pedal.
    Looks nice and on offer at rutland Cycling for £38 instead of a RRP of £54.

carlosg
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5197

not light but bloody grippy and good if you’ve got large feet.

james
    Free Member

I believe the stock answer are superstar nanos. standard or thru pin. Under £50, fairly thin

When I looked at the exotics the spec had them saying they were a fair bit smaller area than the superstars. If you don’t have clown feet then you may be quids in (I believe they being cheaper?)

“Go for a pair of straitlines, .. last a lifetime”

Basque mtb disagrees:
    straitline review at bottom of page
    superstar nano review
    Also, review for Nukeproof Electron (plastic body), end of review in comments at bottom
    Found this site quite useful. AFAIK its the same people who often have videos in midweek mini movies?

Northwind

I love these threads… “I’ve got a maximum of £50”. “Well, obviously you should buy these £80 pedals!” “+1” “+1” “No, get Podiums! They’re only 3 times your budget!” “No, get Straitlines!” 😆

At £50, there’s 2 choices really.

Nanos- from Superstar, Exotic, Ready To Ride or various other places- are the stronger option. Decent size, pretty thin, and with the aluminium body are fairly weighty but tough. Good grip- not massive, not slippy.

Wellgo MG1s- lighter option, and a little bit grippier, but thicker which has a couple of downsides. Not as strong- the axles are tough but the cast magnesium cage is softer, easier to knock a pin out or bend the cage.

Other contenders that I don’t like- Nukeproof Electron, light but poorly shaped, too flat so the pins don’t get to work properly. Basically like a Nano gone a bit wrong. Convex bodies are IMO a daft idea.

And Outland CNCs- again, all about the shape, not enough pins and not enough weight on them. Also very sharp edged- as if jaggy pins weren’t sore enough, lets make the pedal body jaggy too!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Other contenders that I don’t like- Nukeproof Electron, light but poorly shaped, too flat so the pins don’t get to work properly. Basically like a Nano gone a bit wrong. Convex bodies are IMO a daft idea.

Screw the pins right through nice and tight.

Northwind

Got them all the way through- body’s still the wrong shape though.

Bagstard
    Free Member

In the last couple of years I have been using nanotech, MG1 outland slimline CNC back to back.Of the three I think the nanotechs are the best combination of platform size, grip and durability.

MG1’s are light, but taller then the others and got scruffy pretty quick, also showing signs of the bearings dying.

Outlands light and pretty, but not that big a platform and less grip than the other two. A good choice if you have small feet, but I’m a size eleven.

Nanotechs have a nice big platform, good grip and last well, i would definitely buy again.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Kona Wah Wahs

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘NICE FLAT PEDALS???’ is closed to new replies.