Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • NHS writing their own paycheques?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Walking back from lunch today passing a local NHS hospital. Small NHS van flew out of a narrow walled exit without even a hint of slowing down to see if people were passing on the pavement then, in response to a general look of surprise and a squeel from one member who nearly got mowed down (and I’m not exaggerating, he had to bend round the side/*back* of the van so as not to walk into it it had come through that fast) the driver looked back and flicked us a finger. 🙄 It’s amazing what drivers of logo’d well identifiable vans will do even when they’re in the wrong.

Fortunately for him theres no obvious contact for the NHS for such things.

Drac

Yes clearly the NHS’s fault and not the individual.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yuo should be able to report him. try the switchboard – they will know who to report it to. There will be a complaints team and also a transport manager

trb
    Free Member

I had my hearing test cancelled today, probably that van drivers fault.

coffeeking
    Free Member

It was a joke Drac. Get a grip man.

TJ – I’ve hunted about for a direct number and couldn’t find one so I posted here and moved on. Just a bit shocked!

I had my hearing test cancelled today, probably that van drivers fault.

Just you wait, he’ll be round to do the tango ear clappy thing soon.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tehre is perhaps one switchboard for a group of hospitals

Waht hospital was it and were?

DrP

I had my hearing test cancelled today..

That’s a few more days revising then….. Should pass with no troubles…

DrP

martinhutch

Estates manager for the trust in question would normally be a good starting point.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Should be easy enough to find out some one to complain to.

However with it being the NHS there is no chance in hell of him either getting a formal warning or getting the sack, hence why the NHS is littered with quite a few really sh!t people.

meehaja
    Free Member

or on the otherhand, they might be aching to get rid of this guy, and a dangerous driving allegation and offense to a member of the public might be enough to get rid of him

scruff
    Free Member

May well be from NHS Logistics, so just a delivery driver delivering photocopying paper.

binners

As the largest employer in the country, it doesn’t come as much of a surprise that there’s one or two bell ends in there.

Anyway…. more importantly… where there’s blame, there’s a claim.

Are you feeling traumatised? Unable to attend work as a direct result? In your shock did you fall off your brand new titanium mountain bike, damaging it beyond repair? Did you put your back out leaping out of the way?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Could be any of the above, I’m not up for getting someone fired, I just though he needed an attitude/care check really. Glasgow Western, back exit (right next to one I normally use if I drive to work and know full well you have to nose out of it REALLY slowly as people charge past on the pavement so I can accept we may have taken him by surprise).

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

It was a joke Drac. Get a grip man.

can someone explain to me the connection between a post entitled “NHS writing their own patycheques” and one really knobend driver that the OP feels sufficiently strongly about about to post on a mountain bike forum but not sufficiently strongly enough to phone 0141 211 2000 (google for Glasgow Western Infirmary – obviously a bit too much for some people) and complain about?

coffeeking
    Free Member

BBSB – Punctuation man! Now, what do you need explaining?

With regards the phone number, yes but it’s the central switchboard and likely nothing to do with the person in question and I don’t have time to sit on the phone being passed from pillar to post while I locate the correct number to talk to. What I do have time for is 15 seconds posts to a bike forum with a mildly amusing recanting of the tale.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

mildly amusing

I must have missed that part.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I must have missed that part.

Ah well, if you can’t glean a smidge of humour from an NHS van almost causing people to visit the A&E department it came out of you really have bigger problems. Good luck with life, you’re going to have some tough times ahead.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘NHS writing their own paycheques?’ is closed to new replies.