Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • NHS Cycle 2 work scheme
  • craigmorris22
    Free Member

Do the NHS run a cycle to work, and who through?

My Mrs is NHS so looking to get her a new downhill MTB, that she will obviously bunny hop into the ward on a few times a week…ahem

cynic-al
    Free Member

Has she asked her HR folk?

craigmorris22
    Free Member

Will do tomorrow! Just thought I may get a quicker / more accurate response on here than a HR bod to be honest

zerocool

Yes they do.
    Not sure on the details, but a couple of the hospitals in Hertfordshire, Enfield and Barnett have adverts up. There’s a picture of a Giant Full Sus on the poster

craigmorris22
    Free Member

Kool… That’s a decent start! Cheers

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Each Trust has different policies, there is no blanket across the board yes they do or no they don’t.

rOcKeTdOg

Ours do but as with most things organised by the NHS it’s god awful,run by people who know nothing about and have no interest in bikes and see it as something they have been told to do rather than an oportunity. there’s a list of bikes all of which are about catalogue bike level,
    Ask for something not on the list and get a blank look and the reply “why?”. the waiting time is counted in months and you can’t use a proper shop that runs s
    A scheme but must “use this email address” for all enquiries etc out of the 1000 plus employees i work eith sbout 3 have taken up the offer

Every trust is different though

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The scheme LPT use may be the same one ‘zerocool’ has seen as the posters around some of their sites advertising the C2W scheme have pics of a Giant full-sus on them. I’ll see if I can remember to get the details later.

scruff
    Free Member

Ours is run by ‘Bikes for the NHS’ run by SMEHCI. Now the tax has changed and because you pay VAT its no cheaper than my LBS discount.

ljs1977
    Free Member

got a good deal for the Mrs on the bikes for the NHS, but this round stopped on the 18th may. May have to wait for the next one.

Woody
    Free Member

My Trust scheme runs via the same one as scruff has mentioned.

I found the same re price but the choice of local shops gave a decent range of bikes (SMEHCI seemed to plug mainly Specialized IIRC) and spreading the cost was quite attractive.. ..

SMEHCI Linky

scruff
    Free Member

I actually got my latest bike from my LBS but paid via SMEHCI, but they charge the LBS a (20%?) fee so that cancels any LBS discount. Its just an easy way of paying on the drip really.

ljs1977
    Free Member

We have managed to get a £680 cube for 12 lots of £40 + £40 disposal = £520 – interest free.

It has also been sourced from our LBS

Which seems good!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘NHS Cycle 2 work scheme’ is closed to new replies.