Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • nexus 5 or android alternative ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

collective thoughts please folks?

nexus 5 looksgreat at £260 sim free……..

i have a £7 sim only contract with vodafone.

TIA !

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have the nexus 5 and it’s a great smart phone. The moto range is worth a look if you want to spend a bit less.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Moto X supposedly great too.

Might be worth holding off on the Nexus as the next version is allegedly around the corner and rumoured to be made by Motorola this time. Rumours, spy shots and all that mallarky suggest a 6inch + phone however so depends if that’s too big for your tastes.

Stoner
    Free Member

I love my LG Nexus 4. Im going to miss having a 4″ phone when Im forced to go to 5 or 6″.

Id always stick to Nexus simply because it’s an unmolested version of android. No manufacturer’s bloatware or GUI to bugger things up.

And Id have a samsung only if I were already long dead.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Pretty happy with my Nexus 4, doesn’t really feel very dated yet.

The Sony I had before was useless though as you never got the Android updates on time and it had loads of bloatware on it.

Nexus 5 would be my next phone of choice.

the_lecht_rocks

was looking at the nexus 5 – can behad for £230……

the moto x – is that a more modern phone than the nexus 5 ? it’s a wee bit more expensive at £245 at handtec.co.uk

johnnystorm

The Moto X, G & E all run stock Android and will get updates soon after the Nexus models get them. Any extra Motorola apps are optional unlike those on Samsung, etc.

The Moto X at £245 will be last years. The new one is out at the end of the month…..but will cost over £400. The new Nexus can’t be far off either, but its full rrp won’t be that dissimilar from the 5. I’d give the moto a whirl….

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Very happy with my Moto G. I think the newer one has an SD slot as well which I think is about the only criticism of the older one.

the_lecht_rocks

will the nexus 6 retail around £299 or £400 then ?

therevokid
    Free Member

quite like my xperia z2 but then I am a bit strange 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

i like the google nexus approach, no bloatware and instant updates.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Think there’s an announcement due next month, there will be at least a new version L out with big changes, hopefully a new nexus as well, which means you can choose new hardware, or an extra cheap nexus 5 which should come with the latest version installed instead of waiting for an OTA.

I’m really happy with my nexus 4, so personally I’d say nexus is the way to go. If not, then a motorola.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘nexus 5 or android alternative ?’ is closed to new replies.