Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • P35 rims tubeless Stans or similar tape query
  • rosscopeco
    Free Member

Just smashed up my Crests and have gone for the new Blunt 30mm internal rim (the old P35) and wondered about what size of stans tape to use? Stans tapes only go up to 25mm.

Does anyone know if the tape has to cover the whole internal face of the rim or is it really just enough to overlap the spoke holes?

Any Ghetto fixes?

wwaswas

I just used the 25mm in the spoke bed on my blunts – seemed to seal ok and inflated with just a track pump.

You could go for two layers side by side with some overlap in the middle, I guess?

rosscopeco
    Free Member

Cheers wwaswas, that’s what I was thinking anyway if nothing else came up.

How to do you find the blunts?

wwaswas

I’ve got a Rubber Queen 2.4 on the front and it comes up *huuuuge* on these rims (all the mould hairs brush the brace on a 44RC3Ti Bomber)

I built them onto some Hope Pro2’s myself and the lack of eyelets worried me a bit but building them was ok and they seem to have stayed together.

Generally, they don’t seem too heavy and just get on with the job 🙂

rosscopeco
    Free Member

This is for the rear of my modified Solaris (swinging dropouts), I’ll stick with the crest on the front. I’m a little concerned it’ll be tight. I’m currently running 2.25 Rocket Ron’s with a 435mm stay length so there should be some wriggle room but I may have to lengthen the chain stay if it goes pear shaped.

Looking forward to all the extra traction these rims will give me!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘P35 rims tubeless Stans or similar tape query’ is closed to new replies.