Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New years plans?
  • mactheknife

This year i am packing my 2 man tent and heading into the hills.

Last year was an absolute disaster with my girlfriends family and i have absolutely no intention of repeating that mistake 😀

I guess im just not into it the way i was when i was 20 😀

Drac

Nothing planned thought I’d do work some overtime but I’m on holiday and like my time off too much. So maybe have a drink and possibly go out New Years day but that’s about it.

smogmonster

Some friends and their kids round on NYE, then a ride on NYD. Simple. I stopped the whole going out on NYE years ago, its such a bloody ripoff.

emma82
    Free Member

Meal in town with friends late afternoon, few drinks, home and in bed before midnight. I don’t want to start the New Year doing exactly what I hate most in the world – being drunk around a load of strangers in a grotty bar.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Having a New Year’s Eve party with mountaineering friends – meeting up at mine for lots of eating / drinking etc, then packing up headtorches, flasks of mulled wine, and extra warm clothing and heading up the mountains to see in the new year from one of the peaks, before trundling back down in the wee small hours.

No strangers or grotty pubs involved, just good friends and a bit of an adventure!

Really looking forward to 🙂

(and yes, we’ll be safe! We are all pretty experienced in the mountains)

SBrock
    Free Member

Meal in town with friends late afternoon, few drinks, home and in bed before midnight. I don’t want to start the New Year doing exactly what I hate most in the world – being drunk around a load of strangers in a grotty bar.

Im with you on that, mind you I think a lot of people are of the same mindset!

New Year is soo over-rated!

Im staying in with my little girl, a few drinks then bed before 12

trail_rat
    Free Member

Staying in glenkindie with friends

Going to ceildh next to the colquannie

Lots of cycling and walking between 31st and 3rd – since there be no snow so !

maxray
    Free Member

Fek all this year, still adapting to the arrival of mini maxray v2.0 so my only real wish is to get a blast on the canals/park either on the bike or running early on new years day. 🙂 start as you mean to go on n all that!

carbon337
    Free Member

Sleep on the sofa by 10:30 as usual. Rudely awoken by fireworks, trundle off to bed with mrs. No lovin either as it isn’t my birthday.

Rock and Roll

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Taking the wife and kids and heading for them that hills with a tent.

Sue_W
    Free Member

High fives to all of you who are heading for the hills – will wave generally from Snowdonia

ceildh’s are definately the indoor choice though – great fun!

swiss01
    Free Member

new year’s eve will be the joy that is the nation’s drunk people. ‘comedy’ from them, vomiting and maybe just a wee bit of hypothermia.

new year’s day will be gastritis, some broken bones, more vomiting and waking up in their own vomit/piss and. later on the first of the haematemesis

on the 2nd, after a night of writing up ppi’s, more johnny come lately broken bones, it’ll be time for the post new year pancreatitis bingo.

ah yes, new year. i loves it!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Outlaws are coming round. I hate New Year so family and fod is ok by me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New years plans?’ is closed to new replies.