• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New XTR pedals
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Waiting for the new bike to come but I'm deliberating about which pedals to stick on (platform-SPD's) the new XTR's look nice in the catalogue but does anyone here know much about them?
    What else for no more money?

rOcKeTdOg

THey look awesome but soo expensive, are there plans for an XT version?

loddrik
    Free Member

Have 2 yr old xtrs and they are all the pedal I will ever need. They replaced some 15 yr old M545s which are still going strong, only reason I changed was for bling reasons. Never even needed to service the old ones either. Broke several crank bros and will only ever use shinanos now.

RealMan
    Free Member

Do look pretty cool.

panzerjager
    Free Member

I've ordered the new xtr trail pedals so will let you know what they're like as soon as they arrive, but I'm expecting the usual shimano quality & performance.
    I personally don't think £99 retail is expensive, I've spent far more on crank bros pedals & been underwhelmed with all of them.
    Like Loddrik, I'll only use shimano now.

RealMan
    Free Member

I never bothered with crank bros. Mostly because my first bike came with shimanos, and they worked fine. Also because of all the bad things you hear about crank bros. Don't know why anyone would use anything other then shimano.

glynP
    Free Member

I love crank bros, I find that the shimano ones are too difficult to get out of when required, I know they are very good I just prefer not to be so securely clipped in.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

When do they hit the shops?

ziggy
    Free Member

According to my info not until Mid Oct, Mid Sept for the non platform type.

£99.99 is a pretty good price, I paid that for the very first SPDs nearly 20 years ago.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They're not Time. 😉

Frankenstein
    Free Member

If they're better than the '07's then you're on to a winner.

The 2007 XTR pedals have been excellent, I've used on the mtb, winter road bike and my commuter hack bike.
    Never had to adjust or service them. If they ever broke I would buy another pair but I did pay the cheaper price before everything went stupidly high.

At £100 I would be tempted to just save for some speedplay's tbh.

rOcKeTdOg

Where at £99?

rOcKeTdOg

cheers

njee20
    Free Member

Don't know why anyone would use anything other then shimano.

Because they are rather weighty!

I use XTRs in winter, they last forever, nice action, easy to use, then switch to Egg Beaters in summer, as they're about 150g lighter. Don't really see the point in the new trail ones, the platform doesn't look like it'll do much!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

£79.99 showing at CRC now.

toons
    Free Member

Cheers for that

KT1973
    Free Member

glynP – Member
    I love crank bros, I find that the shimano ones are too difficult to get out of when required, I know they are very good I just prefer not to be so securely clipped in.

Well, I was the opposite- I had crank bros candy and swapped back to xtr for the same reason. Mind you, some of that may come down to the design of the sole of the shoe (I have shimano shoes too) or maybe I'm just used to the feel.
    I have last years XTR pedals and they're fantastic

br
    Free Member

The new 'trail' ones are heavier than my current 540's…

But hopefully the new XTR's will reduce the price of the current XTR's 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New XTR pedals’ is closed to new replies.