Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New wheels
  • dss1234
    Free Member

Hello all – your advice please.

I race mostly triathlons and TTs but I do have an MTB (Scott Spark 30) which I love riding when I can (every other week?. In the winter I ride mostly in the Dark Peak. I race Trail Quests, 24 hr stuff and the odd XC race.

I'm 75 KG – spin small gears, am quite light on my kit but do like to ride fast down technical decents when my ability allows.

So, I would like a slightly more bling set of wheels than the standard Crossrides my Scott came with. I was thinking Hope Pro II, Mavic XC717 and DT spokes. (built by Merlin)

My question is – are DT Revolutions a bit too light for the sort of riding I do? Bearing in mind I want to use these wheels for all the riding I do – they will not just be race wheels. Seems a good way to shed some weight?

Cheers

Dunc

poppa
    Free Member

I'm not sure there is a definitive answer, but if your wheels never leave the ground you will probably be ok with revolutions….

dss1234
    Free Member

Mmmm, I'm no Steve Peat, but I ride routes like Rushup Edge and Jacobs Ladder.

I tend to stay on the ground but have been known to get a little air when I'm feeling confident.

Dunc

Olster
    Free Member

Revos will be fine unless you want to start hucking it around the place down the local skate park………..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New wheels’ is closed to new replies.