• This topic has 45 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • New to dirt jumping!
  • derekrides
    Free Member

+1 on the visit those two, CC & or Smiley dude, they call him jedi but he’s more a yoda…

Worth more than a new bike (But I went out and bought one after I visited him).

The Mrs thinks I’ve lost it, I’m out in the lane like a kid digging jumps…

chiefgrooveguru

I’m starting out with jumping, with no plans for rad air and tricks, I just want to be able to flow down progressively more challenging trails and I love attempting to smoothly pump, hop, jump and carve singletrack. And I’m 30+. Highly recommend Mastering Mountain Bike Skills (the book!) and being able to execute a technique correctly 100 times out of 99 before you go bigger.

jedi

+1 on the visit those two, CC & or Smiley dude, they call him jedi but he’s more a yoda…

derekrides, i coached you then ?

jumping is way easier physically than it is mentally

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Can we have a bit of respect for traditions here!!!

Get that wall painted.

Line up your logos with valves on that front wheel.

Paint the wall.

Euro
    Free Member

Don’t worry how nice you bike is or isn’t (it’s spot on btw), just get out and jump!

A lot of guys on STW go down the ‘skills course’ route, which seems to work for them. See how you get on first and take it from there. If you ride with folk who know what they are doing, you’ll be able to pick their brains for free. If you’re still having trouble then Jedi will sort you out.

Start small and work up as your confidence grows. Buy a decent spade so you can fix up others hard work if you case them or build you own if you can find anything suitable to practice on (every DJ bike should come with a free spade).

At 20 your plenty young enough to get the hang of it. Nothing sadder in my eyes than someone who’s been riding for donkeys years and is unwilling/afraid to grab a little hang time. There’s so much soul in getting air.

jedi

+1 every dj bike should come with free spade 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘New to dirt jumping!’ is closed to new replies.