Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • New ti 29er from Kona
  • Andy

Obviously a Lynskey init 😀

Clink

It’s bloody gorgeous! 44mm headtube, hopefully (as normal for Kona) more relaxed ha and short(ish) chianstays. Out in April.
    http://cog.konaworld.com/archives/9800

tazzymtb

so which bike are you going to sell for this one clink? dibs on the fisher!

bedmaker

Looks nice. Loking forward to picking up my Honzo tomorrow 🙂

Clink

so which bike are you going to sell for this one clink? dibs on the fisher!

😆 think it might be all of them!

tazzymtb

lol, want a funny ring mate?

Clink

yep – just seen your e-mail – 33t I think? When do you want ££?

Andy

Looking at the bikerader link not only will it be Konas own geometry but also in a decent range of sizes and not the 18.5″ or 21″ with silly long headtube(andnothinginbetween) that the lynskeys come in. 🙄

Plus there is something nicely nostalgic about the Kona badge on a Ti frame again 😀

sunchaser
    Free Member

Nice, but mud clearance looks a bit rubbish or is that normal for 29ers?

Clink

Chainstays are slammed forward if you look at pics – don’t forget they are adjustable. And it’s a proto.

tazzymtb

what are you running at the moment clink? usually 2 teeth up on the wonkey ring feels about the same effort but goes soooooo much quicker and smoother 😀

let me know mate and paypal to my email and give me your address and I’ll post it to you tuesday

Clink

cool 32×18 at mo – so 34? I’ll mail you paypal in a bit

don’t suppose you have any sway in a group Kona frame deal?!? 😆

tazzymtb

mmmmm no, but could get you a deal on a niner? 😀

tazzymtb

anyone else want an elliptical single speed ring, new off the BETD cnc machines 33-37t 4 bolt special rates at the moment through a ” i know that bloke taz” deal, before they go on general release for a still very reasonable but non discounted rate

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Are there colours??

theotherjonv

Yes, I’d be interested. 33T. How elliptical are they (what impact on chain tension through the revolution?) How much?

jameso

Tazz, I mailed the chap there you mentioned but no reply yet – I would take a 33 or 34 if you’ve got one. Can return trade favours.

james.olsen.remote at hotmail.co.uk to sort PP, cheers.

tazzymtb

jameso, theotherjonv 33’s and 34’s available email me for the special price with your address etc I’m collecting a batch on monday so can post out tuesday.

They change the chain tension a wee bit through the revolution, but there is a trick setting the chain tension with the crank at the 4o’clock position which sets it beautifully so it won’t drop.

been using a rotor q for a couple of years and not had a chain drop yet but these fellas are a bit more ss specific lighter and a lot less money and bigger size range.

theotherjonv

what’s your mail, or mail me (address in profile)

myheadsashed

Tazz did you ever get a 135mm front hub made I’m after a couple? 😯

tazzymtb

myheadsashed- they are making them at the moment for me, and some for fatbike in alaska as well.

theotherjonv- email sent matey

kimbers

i always wanted a score!

Clink

tazzy – sent payment.

myheadsashed

Tazz, is Kev still the man to email? Ta

bunnerscj
    Free Member

what sort of deals are there to be had on Niner MCR ? 😆

Bez

1996 decals. Tidy.

schmiken

Yes please Tazzy, email is feralbeta AT hotmail.com. 33T please.

tazzymtb

myheadsashed- yep Kev is the man to chat to about fat hubs.

clink got ya paypal cheers

I’m going to have to pedal faster rather than using wibbly advantage now….bugger

takisawa2

What’s to be gained with a wobbly ring then Tazzy…?
    (Honest question from a thick luddite).

tazzymtb

takisawa2 basically changes the pedal stroke biomechanics to give to the bigest part ring at the strongest part of the pedal stroke. in use it gets rid of the dead spot the can be particularly evident when grunting a SS up a steep bank, you don’t get the Stall and it also means you can push a bigger gear and pedal at a higher cadence more effectively. I love it, I’ve given my spare rings to folks to try and everyone who’s played with it for a week or so has loved it. I got the idea of tryin it as john mylne and ned overend swear by them for racing SS, so it should be fine for a pleb like me.

if you want to give it a go, we can catch up on the chase and you can try mine, or when I get my spare 35T from Keef you can borrow that.

takisawa2

I’ll take a punt on one mate. Happy with my 32-18, so what do you think…33t ?

skywalker
    Free Member

They are the graphics/stickers they used on 1994-95 frames. Very nice.

adeward
    Free Member

Hi Taz I would be interested in a wobbly ring , would like to try a 37 as I normally ( nothing I do is normal) a 36 front ring on both my alfine and SS bike. Email is ade1963@aol.com
    Cheers

bullheart
    Free Member

Morning Taz!

I’d be interested too; could you email me the details please?

Currently running 34:16 – what do you advise?

thebullheart@gmail.com

Cheers fella

takisawa2

Christ I must be feeble, all you 34/35/36t 29er’ers… 🙂

drofluf
    Free Member

How much are these rings?

theotherjonv

tazz, emailed you back but didn’t get an answer yet. I’d like a 34T to try pls, but would prefer to do a bank trf if that’s OK? can you ping me your details and I’ll send the cash straightaway

big_n_daft
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member
    anyone else want an elliptical single speed ring, new off the BETD cnc machines 33-37t 4 bolt special rates at the moment through a ” i know that bloke taz” deal, before they go on general release for a still very reasonable but non discounted rate

I’m interested, please email (in profile) details of the rings you are getting and prices etc

ssboggy

Taz i’d be interested in a 34t too, out of interest are they alu or steel? email in profile. Cheers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘New ti 29er from Kona’ is closed to new replies.