Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • New singular buzzard
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Duckman, that rigid Swift looks fantastic.

How’s the ride? Is that a custom spray, or can you get them like that?

Cheers!

Crispy

was mine 😥 Not custom, that was the original colour.

Sam

Studio shot…

Buzzard in the studio by Singular Cycles, on Flickr

doof_doof
    Free Member

Any approx idea of pricing at this stage Sam?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    messiah
    Free Member

Are short chainstays on 29er’s to be a short lived fad as they were in the 26er elevated chainstay era?

PS. I have no idea… 29er virgin over here but just wondering if history is going to repeat itself (like a kipper burp).

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What about a braze on front mech mount liek they use on road frames to solve the mech tyre clearance?

Bike looks good by the way.

Sam

Messiah – who can say. I think that for 29ers shorter stays do help a lot in making for a bike with a shorter turning radius, and help address issues some have with lofting the front wheel.

DavidT – couple of issues – primary one being that you would need to use a road front mech which is designed for (at best) 36-50 chainrings, whereas on an mtb chainset we would want to shift across 22-32 + maybe 42. For the two small rings the radius of the cage is wrong, and most road mechs won’t have the throw required to reach teh outer ring of a triple.

tazzymtb

looks lovely Sam, just needs some proper big boy rubber clearance in the back and I’d get my credit card out 😀

adeward
    Free Member

Nobody told me elevated chain stays were dead, ,, damm just had one built

ds3000
    Free Member

Theoretically, if I have the EBB on my Swift rotated all the way to the rear, this should shorten the chainstay length by maybe 10mm or so and steepen the seat tube angle. Just a thought!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

any update sam? or are you awaiting a bit of stw test feedback? 😉

i’m still searching for a steel, 120mm 29er ht frame, non-ebb, short chain stays, can fit a 2×10 crank, tapered steerer and fit a decent rear tyre – plus moon on a stick plz – hoping the buzzard was going to be the one 🙂

mermanatseaview
    Free Member

Thought it was going to be 650b. That’d solve mech n chainstay issues. Would sliding dr :Dopouts give short chainstay or fit mech option. Kingdom have similar proto with interesting feedback re fork lenght. Untill 1×11 gets affordable, I’d say most mountain riders as opposed to playbike riders would like a front mech option. A wet muddy slog round Kentmere is easier with a granny ring…..but then you need something bigger for the road-race back to the car!

rOcKeTdOg

425mm CS C2C *drools*

Candodavid
    Free Member

Chunkypaul, have you looked at a 2souls cycles?
    Ordered my 853 Quarterhorse, fit all your requirements
    Have a looky here

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘New singular buzzard’ is closed to new replies.