Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Schwalbe road tubeless (and some gravel stuff too)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Here.

They sound pretty committed to it. Down to a much more sensible weight too. As much as I love the open tubular and latex tube combination, I must admit I’m getting tubeless curious.

zilog6128

Schwalbe road tubeless are a revelation, I can’t rate them highly enough. The new lineup looks ace too – especially the Marathon Supreme which is my fave commuting tyre (although I might be tempted to try that gravel one!)

GavinB

Sounds great. Been really impressed with the Ones I got last year, so to get them lighter and faster rolling is better still.

DT78
    Free Member

I’m still on the fence really, someone say the real world advantages of road tubeless?

I probably get a puncture once every 2500 miles or so riding on gp4000s in all conditions.

Also wouldn’t a puncture in a tyre with high pressure squirt sealant every where?

(I’m sold on tubeless for mtb…)

c_klein87

my schwalbe one’s have been great, don’t know why there isn’t more choice, i use my archetypes tubeless with no issues, not great on carbon clinchers though, a friend killed his using them tubeless

gardron
    Free Member

Ran ZX tubeless for about a year, went back to tubed.

Much as I like tubeless (and I do) the one big issue with the ones I had was that on the one occasion I had a puncture that sealant could do nothing about, it was pretty impossible to get a tube back in to carry on. For me, I don’t want to be in a position where I can’t fix stuff on a long ride, so it just meant I stopped using it.

scaredypants

Also wouldn’t a puncture in a tyre with high pressure squirt sealant every where?

I’m not sure how many I’ve had that spontaneously fixed themselves but I once had to stop with the hole at the bottom and let the jizz flow down to fix it. Took about 20 seconds, prior to which the jizz was slowly leaking as the wheel turned

I probably get a puncture once every 2500 miles or so riding on gp4000s in all conditions.

If that’s on new forest roads, you need to buy me a lottery ticket please; I gave up on gp4000 and gators as they cut up too much

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Schwalbe road tubeless (and some gravel stuff too)’ is closed to new replies.