Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Name that car competition (from wheel & wing)
  • pealy
    Free Member

Can anyone help identify the make and model of this car?

Wife diligently got his name, address and insurance details after he bashed our car but she forgot to get the registration – insurance are playing silly-buggers as a result so the more details I can get together the better before I start doing things myself.

What do you think?

Stoner
    Free Member

2004 vauxhall meriva?

scaredypants

go round his house and see ?

(even google driveby might show the car (though not reg))

demonracer

Looks like a 2002-2005 Vauxhall Vectra to me

bearnecessities

That’s a Vectra ‘life’ isn’t it?

wwaswas

This says it’s a Vauxhall Vectra

although I thought they were Signum headlamps.

martinhutch

+1 Vectra.

Go round to the address given to get the reg…

Stoner
    Free Member

quite right, the meriva indicator repeater is higher up the side.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Slim chance it’s a Signum also, more likely a Vectra.

As above, could you not go to his address?

pealy
    Free Member

Great stuff singletrackers – I knew you wouldn’t let me down.

Have been round a couple of times but not spotted it yet, will keep trying, knowing what I’m looking for instead of just looking for the wheel will make it easier.

crogthomas
    Free Member

If the insurance company get really difficult:
    http://www.acuityforensics.co.uk/index.html

tthew

I’m going for Vectra. IIRC the Signum was a poshed up version so wouldn’t have had a model with plastic wheel trims.

DezB
    Free Member

Name that car competition

So what does demonracer win?

pealy
    Free Member

So what does demonracer win?

The admiration and respect of his peers, what greater prize is there?

bigyinn
    Free Member

The Signum was IIRC based on the Vectra and was a sort of estate lacking in any windows behind the c pillar.
    Not a great success as people went for the Estate Vectra and nobody really saw the point in the Signum.
    Not that helps the OP, but it allows me to get some car geekiness out of my system.

DezB
    Free Member

what greater prize is there?

Money.

Sundayjumper

Is he really likely to park his car outside the fake address he gave you ? Seems a bit silly of him.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You should be able to get a partial registration from the picture. Police should be able to narrow it down from that.

pealy
    Free Member

Is he really likely to park his car outside the fake address he gave you ? Seems a bit silly of him

I know.. seems likely doesn’t it but worth a try.

You should be able to get a partial registration from the picture..

Would be nice to think that the police might help, lets see how far I get hiding in his hedge for a couple of weeks..

dooosuk
    Free Member

Knock on the door of the address given and ask for the name he gave you. At least you’ll know if you’re wasting your time or not.

pealy
    Free Member

Knock on the door of the address given and ask for the name he gave you. At least you’ll know if you’re wasting your time or not.

That would be sensible wouldn’t it – I’m a little reticent because the kind of neighbourhood so hoping to just get the reg and deal with the insurance company..

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you check on the royal mail address finder does the address match with the postcode?

pealy
    Free Member

If you check on the royal mail address finder does the address match with the postcode?

It does, and I’ve now found something close enough to the name on 192.com so I’m optimistic that the details might be genuine.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for you getting a result!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Name that car competition (from wheel & wing)’ is closed to new replies.