Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Santa Cruz frames this year??
  • Houns

So, over the last year or so we’ve seen a Carbon Blur XC, Carbon Blur LT and a Carbon Nomad (alongside the Tallboy and the new 29er HT) ….What’s the likelyhood that we’ll see a Carbon Heckler and Superlight this year?

anotherstan
    Free Member

i thought the heckler and superlight were on the way out? replaced by the butcher and the other one whos name escapes me 😕

i could be wrong tho …i usually am!

Davesport

and the other one whos name escapes me

That’ll be the Nickel 🙂

jonny-m
    Free Member

on the way out my arrsse, tis a classic that will never die them hecklers.

gothandy

I thought the idea was the Heckler and the Superlight were being aimed at a low price point, so doubt they’ll be see a carbon version. Just my opinion of course!

speaker2animals
    matthew_h
    Free Member

It’s only the top end VPP bikes that have gone to carbon fibre (apart from the new hardtail) with the APP and Single Pivot bikes being there to give a price point or two lower. Can’t see SC making either of the lower ranges in CF at all.

dreednya

Carbon 4x – mmmmmmmmmmmmm 🙂

munkyboy
    Free Member

longer travel APP is pretty likely – as the bullit is a little old and weirdly unpopular

would love to see a carbon 4x but apparently they didnt sell many the first time round. i think its popularity is a weird british thing – like hardcore hardtails

jools182
    Free Member

yes, you don’t see many bullits around, maybe they are really heavy

xcstu
    Free Member

mmmmm superlight carbon! yes please 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Superlight is too similar to a blur xc to make a carbon version IMO.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

i guess SC still make the superlight because they still sell, for a good reason, (have ridden one for 10 years)

if the quality of SC carbon bikes is as good as the hype, a plastic superlight, sub 4.5lbs, and at a more palletable cost compared to their other plastic frames would be on my wish list

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz frames this year??’ is closed to new replies.