Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New Rush track…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Loud. Very loud. 🙂

Some top riffage from Mr Lifeson. The standard (And a very high one it is indeed) from Mr Peart banging the skins. And well, there’s Geddy being Geddy as ever.

Like it!

zippykona

Any mention of snow dogs?

footflaps

I quite like that and yes, it is very loud!

cupra
    Free Member

Like that. Hope they tour here soon!

nomakoman
    Free Member

i thought it was poorly mixed tbh, vocals sounded like they were mixed quieter than the bass n drums….maybe i just didnt have it loud enough 😯

cudubh

Not bad at all from three old guys

tarquin
    Free Member

Like that. Hope they tour here soon!

They toured last year!

I went and almost cried it was that good. There was the fear that they wouldn’t live up to expectations after listening to them for years but not seeing them live. But it was awesome I need not have worried.

The new tune, the instruments and tune itself sound great, nice heavy sound, I’m not sold 100% on the lyrics myself, I prefer them to be a bit more involved and prog like, these are relatively simple with repetition.

Out of the three tracks I have heard from the new album this is my favourite though. Caravan, BU2B and Headlong Flight.

ratherbeintobago

What about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high? I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy.

Andy

footflaps

His voice is no where near as high as it used to be – have a listen to 2112!

cudubh

I had planned to go to the tour last year but one of my mates said he would get the tickets. I’m never going to rely on him again. There’s stuff on the band site explaining the story of the album. Fingers crossed they’ll tour over here.

scratch
    Free Member

I know him, and he does!

I_did_dab
    Free Member

plus c’est la change, plus c’est le meme chose…

…could be a track from counterpoints which is disappointing from a band that used to change things up regularly

MrSparkle

<pedant> plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose </pedant>

I_did_dab
    Free Member

7/10 then? (better than my usual French homework)

jimster
    Free Member

I heard the last album, thought Mr Peart seems to have mojo with regards lyric writing….

speaker2animals

Thank you MrSparkle saved me a job.

I’ve seen them 4 times but having said that the last time would be mid 80’s I suspect it would have been the Signals tour or very possibly Grace Under Pressure. First two times were Stafford Bingley Hall, 1st being Hemispheres tour, 2nd was a sort of half tour as they were in the UK working on Permanent Waves, 3rd was NEC (or possibly Manchester Apollo) Moving Pictures tour and as said definitely NEC for last time.

First time at Bingley Hall I thought I was going to die. I have never ever been packed into somewhere so tightly. I can’t imagine how much over capacity it was. When the lights came up after the gig and the crowd started to thin out an actual cloud of steam rose up off the people. I didn’t actually walk from the hall centre almost al the way to the doors, I was just carried by the crowd. I did at one point think I was going through the glass partition that I was heading for at speed with no control of my own movement. I was dropped though as people parted to get to the various doors.

What a night.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New Rush track…..’ is closed to new replies.