Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • new rear wheel, crossmax or stans
  • D0NK

Crossmax SLRs, horrendously overpriced normally (or maybe I should say way out of my price bracket) but I've seen some on sale, similar price to ZTR hubs with crest or arch rims. Which should i go for? I will be using UST tyres, I like the simplicity of proper UST (which I have now) but have heard mavic freehubs can be rubbish (the reason I'm replacing the current XT is coz of duff freehubs) on the other hand ZTRs are new(ish) so I've not seen much in the way of criticism of them (good or bad) Anybody got long term experience of either or more usefully both?

njee20
    Free Member

Mavic hubs haven't been changed in the 15 or so years they've done the Crossmax, take from that what you will! Spares are still a bit of a bugger to come by, although better than they were.

Unless they're absolutely sickeningly cheap I'd get the Stan's on Crest rims every time.

One Crossmax would also look a bit daft, or is the deal on a pair?

younggeoff

Hope hoops with crest rims, ask for a steel freehub body so you can use cheaper cassettes too

D0NK

One Crossmax would also look a bit daft, or is the deal on a pair?

Dont be such a tart 🙂 a pair is available but I already have a new hope xc3/355 front wheel so will just be getting a rear – I'm not fussy about matching. ZTRs and Mavics are both 190, hence my dilemma.

Hopes are similar price too but AFAIK heavier

D0NK

bump for the friday night alcohol fueled forumites 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘new rear wheel, crossmax or stans’ is closed to new replies.