Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New pots and pans
  • ivantate
    Free Member

Looking to get a new set of decent pans for the christmas cookathon. Got a few requirements like ovenproof handles and a matching crepe pan so she can make me post ride goodies.

Anyone have any opinions? are the various chef branded ones any good?

They all seem pricey to me but thats a normal state of affairs here.

Shinythings
    Free Member

If your budget will stand it, Le Creuset is hard to beat.

Stoner
    Free Member

since buying an induction hob range I needed some new pans to replace my lovely Anolons as they wouldnt work, being non-ferromagnetic.

To replace them I got a set of Le Creuset 3-ply stainless steels. They have a nice weight to them, work very well with the induction hob, and have steel handles and helper handles. Not too expensive either.

I miss my anolons especially the very good anti-stick coating. Id recommend the anolons over the le creuset if you had a gas hob – be aware though that dishwashing them spoils their looks (but no their non stick or performance). I got used to them looking a bit scruffy – the outer annodising doest like the DW soap I think.

ivantate
    Free Member

Cheers, we cook with gas. Will have a look at those.

GrahamS

Anyone have any opinions? are the various chef branded ones any good?

We’ve got the Jamie Oliver Tefal range and we’ve been impressed with them. Good non-stick coating that is very easy to clean and a decent enough weight to the base. Okay they’re not Le Creuset, but the are considerably mire affordable.

spooky_b329

We got a set of Circulon Pans, a world apart from our old Argos cheapies. Its now possible to make stuff without it burning to the bottom of the pan 🙂

Obviously the January sales is the time to buy, but if you need them for Christmas then you’ve not got much choice.

organic355
    Free Member

We’ve got the Jamie Oliver Tefal range and we’ve been impressed with them. Good non-stick coating that is very easy to clean and a decent enough weight to the base. Okay they’re not Le Creuset, but the are considerably mire affordable

+1

We have gradually replace our IKEA pots and pans with the Tefal Jamie oliver range. The anodised roasting tin has been the best buy ever

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Analon – we got some when we got married and they’ve never missed a beat……as much as pots can miss a beat

iDave
    Free Member

you can get non matching but great quality stuff from tkmax

mattstreet

+1 for the tri-ply Le Creusets – great investment. Not cheap, but not outrageous. Look after them and you’ll be handing them down to your kids.

TheFlyingOx

Another thumbs up for Analons. Excellent pans.

ivantate
    Free Member

Just bought plenty of Anolons from Debenhams. some at 50% off and some at 20% off.

She seems happy with them so far!

Stoner
    Free Member

good choice – I saw an article about the discount on the anolons in the guardian yesterday and thought about you!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

+1 For Jamie Olivers range Ive got the full range of the first issue of pots and pans which must be getting on for 7 years old now, still as good as the first day…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I must have a look at those Anolons now that they’re in the sale. I fancy getting myself a gurt big sauté pan as well. One of those with high sides that will cook everything from a chilli to a casserole.

I suspect that what dictates the lifespan of most pans is whether they’re stacked into one another or not when stored.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

anolons for me too. Brilliant.

cynic-al
    Free Member

you can get decent stainless for buttons these days.

I have a couple of le creusets and the non stick lasted no time.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New pots and pans’ is closed to new replies.