Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • New planet found
  • richmtb

Time dilation.

The closer you travel to the speed of light the slower time travels, so a journey of 20 light years at 99% the speed of light would take just over 20 years from the view of an external observer but for the occupants of the spaceship the time for them would be closer to 20 days.

TrentSteel
    Free Member

Don’t bother packing a camelback as some shipmates might accuse you of being overpacked for the 120 trillion mile journey 🙂

An inner tube taped to the saddle, a multitool and 500ml waterbottle should do it

Torminalis
    Free Member

(bonus points for their names).

Vroomfondel and Magicthighs IIRC.

EDIT – mol – Carried on reading the thread after I answered and saw you answered your own question, I spelt it wrong but promise it was from memory (as the spelling might indicate).

molgrips
    Free Member

I meant the names of the mice. I don’t think the mice were manifestatiosn of Vroomfondel and Majikthise themselves, actually.

Bonus points – who was Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged?

Torminalis
    Free Member

Wowbagger was a dude who cruised around the universe buzzing everyone in the universe in alphabetical order?

Torminalis
    Free Member

oh, you wanna play?

Why did the bowl of petunias utter the words ‘oh no, not again’ before falling to the surface of Magrathea?

molgrips
    Free Member

Come on mate, that’s FAR too easy.

It was the reincarnation of a being that’d been killed by Dent every single time it’d been incarnated. I think we met him as a bunny on prehistoric Earth before they met the Golgafrinchams in Life the Universe and Everything (I think).

How did Arthur amuse himself whilst on said planet?

Wowbagger wanted to insult everyone in the universe, I believe.

McHamish
    Free Member

What’s the point of discovering new planets when they haven’t even invented warp drive?

I’m getting old and I’m not even sure the Federation will accept new cadets past their 30’s. Besides the entrance exams are tough so I need time to find the answers off the internet…look at the trouble Wesley Crusher had.

Torminalis
    Free Member

oooh, don’t know. Chief sandwich maker?

[retreats from nerdfight]

Torminalis
    Free Member

Wowbagger wanted to insult everyone in the universe, I believe.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Might have to have a reread before I start duelling again. 😆

McHamish
    Free Member

Wowbagger would have loved the internet.

richmtb

What’s the point of discovering new planets when they haven’t even invented warp drive?

Yeah, and Gene Roddenberry invented the transporter 50 years ago and those lazy **** scientists haven’t made it work yet – lightweights!

molgrips
    Free Member

Arthur was chief sandwich maker somewhere else, I think that was in Mostly Harmless..?

He amused himself by jumping in and out of a lake pretending to be a lemon in a gin and tonic, iirc.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

581g

pffff, . . . . . someone’s scales are broke?

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘New planet found’ is closed to new replies.