• This topic has 31 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • New Pike price ?
  • fivespot
    Free Member

On the lookout for a new set of Pikes. TFT have want I want (2016 650b 150 RCT3 Solo Air} for £569. Anybody seen any better deals. I have googled loads of sites, but I may have missed a bargain somewhere 😐

LoCo
    Free Member

😉

emmodd
    Free Member

LoCo, i’ll be after some 29er forks in the New Year with either 140 or 150mm travel. Can you supply a Pike or Rev? What options/prices are there?

drovercycles
    Free Member

That is a cracking price for those forks from a UK company with a good reputation.

Buy them. Or buy them from LoCo if they can do them for that.

(UK RRP is £820 so they’re over 30% off, and we’re not even into the “year” they’re supposed to belong to yet… Crazy world.)

kevinbel
    Free Member

http://www.alltricks.com/mtb/forks/forks/rockshox-pike-rct3-solo-air-forks-275-15mm-axle-tapered-black-2016-131-220013.html

695 euro, so that would be 490 pound!

I guess you want the 2016 version?
    Because you find the 2015 even cheaper

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d heard, from loco I think, that the 2016 was worth having over the 2015. But I’d also heard that SRAM would adjust the price for dealers so that can remain competitive on fork prices. Don’t know how true that is though.

fivespot
    Free Member

Great results so far guys. Yes I would prefer 2016, even though all three of the 2014 Pikes I have had, have been trouble free. That Alltricks price does look tempting 8)

I_Ache
    Free Member

Do 650b pikes come in 140mm?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes 2016 worth having due to the re design of a few internal parts,
    Travel can be reduced to 140mm (and various other travels) by swapping the air springs ( can custom adjust these too, so if you wanted a 133.75mm travel fork that’s doable 😉 )

Currently seeing what we can do regarding the Alltriks price too 😀

fivespot
    Free Member

Sits back and waits 🙂

benpinnick

Alltricks is alot more (£600+) for new 29er forks, and mostly in 51mm variant (which may or may not be your choice).

thedude
    Free Member

What you guys think of the yari fork? I was thinking it be good in 120-130 range with more simple non charger damper.

benpinnick

BTW – If you want a set of 27.5 @ 150mm let me know, we’ll match the £525 from Alltricks (When you pay in GBP).

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes the Yari, does look to be a good fork (RRP is £550)
    Not sure what they’re available for as a brand new model.
    Think we’d be able to supply a set for around £410 ish inclusive etc. (non O.E ones)

benpinnick

@thedude – Yaris are good… my thoughts:

+ Cheaper than a pike but feel very similar
    + Actually a bit stiffer than a pike, although its hard to tell really
    – Heavier than a Pike but its not huge
    – Uses a silly torque cap hub interface, so using a normal hub means fiddling about getting the axle lined up.
    + Airspring seems a bit better at the small bump end
    – Airspring is fiddlier to get ‘just right’ with tokens.

£430 delivered from yours truly, but only in 140mm right now.

prezet
    Free Member

Is there a way of knowing if a Pike is a 2015/16 model?

benpinnick

Graphics is the easy way. New Pikes have an angled wrap around graphic, 2015s have the rockshox smaller and straight up/down the fork.

kevinbel
    Free Member

@LoCo, what is the best price you can make for a 2014/2015 Pike 27,5″ 160mm in White?? RCT3/RC or Solo/DPA doesnt really matter for me.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Graphics is the easy way. New Pikes have an angled wrap around graphic, 2015s have the rockshox smaller and straight up/down the fork.

Its not thats simple.

A RS fork from the factory can have 2016 decals but 2015 internals. You need the serial number to be sure you are getting the 2016 internals.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

benpinnick – Member

Nope. My 2015 fork came from the factory with the angled wrap graphic.

prezet
    Free Member

What should we be looking for in the serial to determine if it’s a 2016 internals?

benpinnick

Nope. My 2015 fork came from the factory with the angled wrap graphic.

Then it was a 2016 fork, whether there has been a subsequent internal update to that fork… The MY2016 was the launch for those graphics.

benpinnick

I should say for clarity is is possible that the bike co. your forks came from ordered a MY2015 fork with MY2016 graphics. It would be an odd thing to do but if they were buying enough of them I guess they could do that.

fivespot
    Free Member

Deal done with LoCo……….me very happy, cheers all for your input 😀

glasgowdan
    Free Member

benpinnick – Member
    Then it was a 2016 fork, whether there has been a subsequent internal update to that fork… The MY2016 was the launch for those graphics.

Bought 11th June, would 2016 forks be available then? Not complaining if they are 2016! 🙂

prezet
    Free Member

Just seen this on here http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/whats-different-between-pike-2015-pike-2016-a-975954-3.html

Forks with a manufacturing date code after 26T5 have the most recent performance upgrades, and it is not necessary to replace the damper components unless they are damaged or worn

benpinnick

@glasgowdan possibly yes, depends where you got the forks. My2016 went into production in April, with first shipments in May (IIRC – might have been earlier) so no reason why a June purchase couldn’t have been 2016 product. If your serial starts 15T5 or bigger it’s almost certainly 2016. That said, it looks like they changed the seal head in June/July so it’s probably not the updated version. But if the seal it will be warranty anyway in theory so maybe not worth thinking too much about.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Yes 2016 worth having due to the re design of a few internal parts

LoCo – can you clarify for us (being a bit cheeky and picking your brains here, hope you don’t mind!) what the changes are? Fisher have said “graphics and seals”. I know there’s a new SKF seal in there. Is there more to it than that?

Do 650b pikes come in 140mm?

Yes, as above they can be adjusted, but they also come as an aftermarket option in that travel option too. The advantage then is that the markings on the stanchions line up properly!

I’d also heard that SRAM would adjust the price for dealers so that can remain competitive on fork prices

Yes, any Rockshox dealer should be able to match pricing of up to 30% off retail from anywhere online in UK or Europe.

What you guys think of the yari fork?

It looks good, could be a cheaper option with 90% of the performance of the Pike. The challenge will be that the RRP is around the same as the online prices for the Pike – so what will the actual achievable sale price for the Yari be?

We have 150mm Pikes and 140mm Yari in stock and happy to do deals on either!

richen987
    Free Member

I just got some Yari’s from Evans for £440 but had a 10% discount through work, so 400, cheapest I could find was 396 from bike discount in Germany.
    I bought them as the pikes were a lot of money in comparison, and I wanted a set in 120mm without having to “fork” (I’ll get my coat) out for a new airshaft on a new pair or a second hand pair with airshaft came in at about 400.
    They look pretty beefy and cycle through nicely, looking forward to popping them on the bike and giving them a go.
    I have pikes on the fs so be interesting to see how they compare.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi, any queries please mail me or give the workshop a call, think it’s starting to get a bit ‘astroturfy’ now 😀

I’ll take some pictures of a 2016 upgrades next time I strip one before it goes to it’s new owner, as all our new forks are. 😉

thedude
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Ben and loco, I’m pretty sure I’m going to get a yari, I’m just unsure if I should get the regular 29 version or the 27.5+/29 boost version to have more options. I found some for just under £390 on bike24. I will get it from one of you guys though, Germans don’t put Haribo in, they put in a sachet of sauerkraut.

poah
    Free Member

negATIVE AIR SPRING IS SIFFERENT BETWEEN MY15 AND MY16

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘New Pike price ?’ is closed to new replies.