• This topic has 75 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • New Pike
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Though a few of you may like this 😉

The cat is officially out of the bag!! Get your look at the all new RockShox PIKE! #gamechanger

Posted by RockShox on Thursday, April 4, 2013

150mm, 35mm chassis, closed (FIT style bladder) damper, 26″, 27.5″ and 29er specs.

Drac
    LoCo
    Free Member

Hahaha, just sat down for a coffee and saw it on FB 😳 I’ll get my coat 😳

snakebite
    Free Member

that new Pike is exactly what I need!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

*currently looking for a new frame to go with the not yet released Pike that I already want*

Gotama
    Free Member

Is that 140 – 160 mm travel in all wheel sizes or 140 for 29er going to 160mm for 26er?

Any idea on price loco? I loved my old pikes.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Also curious on price for the pike…

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’m liking that, and the hose bit for the reverb too…

BillOddie

$1000ish. Ouch!

Look great though.

I still have a set of 20mm 454 Dual Air Pikes in the garage…

I wonder if the Sektors will get a revamp in 2015?

LoCo
    Free Member

No I’ve only just seen these, but we’ll have them as soon as they’re available in the UK, alos will be checking damper retro compatability and and tuning options.
    My current build project would suit these perfectly 😀

Stevelol
    Free Member

These forks look amazing. 140mm solo air for my TrC please. Rev weight and ‘near-Lyrik’ stiffness?! Drool.

Gotama
    Free Member

$1,000, well that’s kicked out the fond memories of my cheap set of 426s then. Back to the x-fusion trace i go….

ajt123
    Free Member

Fox 34-killer.

retro83
    Free Member

New damper sounds great, but why is it 15mm only?

LoCo
    Free Member

No date for arrival in UK or Price as yet, just checked

BillOddie

£750-850 is quoted on the Dirt site…

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes just seen that but, had spoken to Fishers who didn’t know, so now sure where the price or due time of May came from either 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

Want! Wonder if they will do them in coil u-turn. If they do they will solve the only two problems I have with my Pike 1) they arn’t stiff enough and 2) the damping is a little crap. I still love them as they are perfect on my BFe.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Tapered steerer will rule me out for the time being, shame, as I want muchly.

BillOddie

Air only…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Look good, apart from the 15mm axle…and the predicted price.

The best thing about the original Pike was the price…I remember them being pretty cheap. Although I didn’t really get on with my coil ones, I did quite like my none U-Turn air jobbies that I had a few years later.

Will they coexist with the Lyrik? Apart from the silly axle, they seem pretty close in terms of size and travel.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I love these, but whoever is responsible for the marketing garbage deserves to be dragged outside and shot. They’ve employed the same bloke who writes the God-awful dirge for Hollywood movies these days.

PIKE is like a stealth bomber designed specifically for new-school trail riders

No, it isn’t. It really isn’t.

While I’m at it…

Unlike a dirt-bike, the new Monarch Plus rear shock has no rev-limiter.

What possible connection is there between an engine rev limiter on a dirt bike and an air sprung rear shock?

Being a grumpy grandad aside, I’m very enthusiastic about there being another 160mm fork out there.

wwaswas

the new Monarch Plus rear shock has no rev-limiter.

It does, however, have a surfeit of marketing bollocks attached to it.

[deep American voice]

Meet the new Monarch Plus rear shock, it doesn’t know the meaning of the words ‘Really does keep your back wheel under control quite nicely, thank you very much’.

[/deep American voice]

honourablegeorge

Dammit. Tapered only. I’d have loved a 140mm Pike to replace my Revelations.

richmtb

Tapered only is a pain. How hard would it bee for them to release a 1,1/8″ version? Going to open up more potential sales

wwaswas

this tapered thing is getting like the old 1 1/8″ vs 1″ steerer thing – very soon aftermarket will be tapered only or ‘old skool’ in the ‘less posh’ range.

maxtorque

Indeed, these are probably amazing new suspension units. But i’m not in the slightest bit interested in wading through reams and reams of absolute b*ll*cks drempt up by some 12 yo marketing manager to try to make their new product “Street” or “hip” or “whatever” (no wait, that last one ain’t right 😉

If the units are good they will speak from themselves!

unklehomered
    Free Member

so before I go looking there is no clever yet sensible way of putting a tapered steerer in a ‘tradition’ headtube…

It is an annoying trend, its lot like the steerer kept falling off 1 1/8 forks is it?

freeridenick
    Free Member

hmm.

new mega TR with new pike. that would be a trail destroyer 😛

unklehomered
    Free Member

a murder bomber…

clubber
    Free Member

That marketing is some of the worst BS I’ve seen in a while. I particularly liked the ‘Rapid Recovery’ bit which is just ‘don’t set too much rebound damping’ as though it’s something new…

andeh

Tapered only 😥

Just the other day I was looking through all manufacturer’s line-ups to find something suitable to replace my Pike 454…..this could have been it…..if it weren’t tapered. Dammit.

Does this mean I need to buy a new BFe as well to replace my outdated, and clearly obsolete, version?

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Both my bikes still run original Pikes.

Coil on one bike and dual air on the other.

If it aint broke…

hora
    Free Member

£750-850 is quoted on the Dirt site…

Are they having a laugh?

unklehomered
    Free Member

should all us outdated frame owners all email fishers asking about non tapered steerers? highlight the demand?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

vancoughcough
    Free Member

£750 – 800?

The inflation led recovery….

brakes
    Free Member

a few months ago, this was the fork I was looking for
    too late Rockshox and too expensive, bought an X-Fusion Velvet instead.

richmtb

Thing is aftermarket fork sales are going to be to people you might not have this years frame. So why limit you market by only producing tapered.

Not sure why 20mm axles aren’t an option either (though with adaptors for most wheels this is less of an issue

wwaswas

no doubt there’ll be OEM ones along later with 1 1/8″ steerers and 20mm Maxles.

and then Merlin etc will get hold of them and everyone will be happy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘New Pike’ is closed to new replies.