• This topic has 75 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • New Pike
  • coogan
    Free Member

£750/800 and tapered only? Scratch that one off the list. Seriously thinking of going down from two bikes to one. Parts, new frames, new forks all getting so bloody expensive it’s seriously **** me off.

billyboulders
    Free Member

this tapered thing is getting like the old 1 1/8″ vs 1″ steerer thing – very soon aftermarket will be tapered only or ‘old skool’ in the ‘less posh’ range.

And a couple of years later not available in standard steerer at all.

though with adaptors for most wheels this Is less of an issue

Still an issue IMO having relatively recently gone to a 15mm maxle from the 20mm one in my original Pikes I think the 15mm compromise is not nearly as good. Nowhere near as solid feeling, when riding its not so noticeable now I’m used to it but taking the wheel off and on the fiddly little lever especially the “collar” it tightens against feels so delicate and easily damaged. Much preferred the “clunk-yep that’s solidly and securely done up” feel of the original 20mm maxle. Rockshox invented this system and should have stuck to their 20mm guns not adopted their competitors inferior compromised version.

But hey I’m still stuck in last century with my 26″ wheeled 1and1/8″ headtube bike so won’t be able to get these new Pikes anyway 🙁

LoCo
    Free Member

Just had price confirmed at £749 to £849 depending on spec. Will be placing pre orders tomorrow, first drop due late June/July 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Unreal pricing! That’s more than my brand new Heckler frame cost!

Drac

a few months ago, this was the fork I was looking for

Shame they couldn’t hurry up that would have been one sale.

LoCo
    Free Member

That’s SRP though. The Reverb Stealth in the article is £349.99 SRP…

unklehomered
    Free Member

Xfusion for me when the time comes then. Shame, will keep an eye on the end of years sales, but new, nope.

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks very promising, apart from the 15mm axle.

RS Revelations can be £750 or so at RRP, so why’s everyone getting their knickers in a twist at the pricing?

Did I miss a bit where they said there aren’t going to be any discounts?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Loco have you had my messages mate? I’ve left voice mails I need to send you that money.

LoCo
    Free Member

You owe me money?, oh yes, don’t worry about it, just remind me next time you order or get something serviced. Had to change the phone system as it had gone mental a week or so ago.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

no problem mate, did the shock get posted back? That guy never got back to me after accusing me of selling him the faulty shock!!

sorry not the time or place.

coogan
    Free Member

RS Revelations can be £750 or so at RRP, so why’s everyone getting their knickers in a twist at the pricing?

Because it’s expensive I’d have thought…

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep shock got sent as soon as work was finished, he rang and spoke to me too.

nick1962
    Free Member

So with a 15mm maxle,a tapered steerer,air only travel and 35mm stanchions,140mm-160mm travel adjust plus sky high price what exactly is Pike about this fork apart from the sticker?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

cheers Loco.

It’s nice to have a company i can happily recommend to my biking mates and know they are always spot on.

LoCo
    Free Member

😀 Cheers

vancoughcough
    Free Member

loco fixes shocks?

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I agree.. how is it a Pike? It’s a Pike in name only.

Drac

Yes, where as the last version was a political statement.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I still run Pikes. I remember when the 32mm stanchions looked so huge.. now they seem so skinny.

Bought my dual airs about 3 years ago for £300 new from Germany.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I bought the first model year Pike coil U Turn Team (initially there were SL, Race and Team variants which later became 409, 426 and 454) brand new for about £260 in 2005 I think it was.

How times change.

I still want to know what “murdered out” means

And I’m pondering “industry redefining asymmetric approach to chassis design” too

robhughes
    Free Member

Think i,ll stick with my new RCT3 dual flow pikes for now
    (courtesy of OP) 😉

hora
    Free Member

Honestly. Uf I see someone on the trails with these I will think mug. If I see someone with Bos forks I expect a decent rider.

Murdered out refers to what you’ll have done to your common sense.

andeh

Think i,ll stick with my new RCT3 dual flow pikes for now
    (courtesy of OP)

How much did this cost? I’m bored of my MoCo pissing oil.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

The Fork i need for my Nicolai AC 650b…

I want them now.. 😀

raisinhat
    Free Member

The replacement for the old pike in the rockshox line-up is the sektor.

These are pretty incredible for that much travel in a 35mm stanchion that weighs only a smidge more than a revelation.

Maybe when I have a new frame, and these are a year or two old in the sales…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol I was out before the price.

Tapered and 1 1/8th??

I guess the new frame brigade will just want to condemn us all to 2nd hand cast off’s but most of the people I know still have 1 1/8th frames hence all the massive sale on tapered forks every year. It a myth like people are only buying 29r’s.

smartmonkey
    Free Member

van cough cough – Member

loco fixes shocks?
    He’ll also sell you the bits if you want to do it yourself!
    I ordered some bits with standard postage one day and they turned up the next.

robhughes
    Free Member

andeh…A lot of pennies. 😉
    But worth it.Brought an already classic fork bang up to date.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well I’ll probably get one eventually, while mumbling under my breath about the axle size, because everything else about it looks spot on for a trail bike.

I’m not paying £700 of course, because like every other RS fork I expect them to be heavily discounted. I thought most people using this forum knew you didn’t have to pay full RRP for forks, but apparently not.

And RS are making it in three different lengths (26, 27.5 and 29) so I’ll forgive them going tapered only.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Rapid recovery
    hahahahahahahaha
    That “explanatory” diagram is hilarious

Absolutely no attempt to explain how this works or even what it is…..
    …as all it can be is less rebound – which has been adjustable anyway for about 15 years .

Where do I sign Mr rockShox??

unklehomered
    Free Member

Pity the poor man from ST who had to sit through the powerpoint presentations…

messiah
    Free Member

What a great idea… halfway between a Lyrik and a Revelation in terms of weight and travel.

I’ll be interested in how they perform… ignoring all the annoying sales BS.

snakebite
    Free Member

Got my order placed, just need to shift my 2013 Lyriks now 😯

LoCo
    Free Member

The Rapid recovery rebound, albeit rather badly explained, is basically like the dual flow system, which has a factory set speed at near full travel to mid travel which gets the fork to return quickly to big hits to stop the fork ‘packing down’ on repeated ‘hits’ and the knob control the end of stroke rebound.

Works pretty well in current form and is a great upgrade on the older rebound assms, that do pack down a bit, right now to order my new Pikes 😀

Euro
    Free Member

Loco, i don’t normally do this but if you send me a set, i’ll test them free of charge 😉

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘New Pike’ is closed to new replies.