Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New phone advice plus numpty content. Iphone Samsung content…..discuss.
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Been offered a very good deal by my network for an Iphone4 8GB (not 4s) and not such a cracking deal for the Samsung Galaxy S2 but still good deal…….which is better?. I currently have a Blackberry which i email a fair bit on and use internet , FB etc but i want something a little slicker now as its 2 years old nearly and i want GPS capability etc etc.

On paper i like the Iphone as my daughter has an Ipod Touch which i find seriously easy to use, however i have a niggle in my head, her Ipod is set up on my PC in my name , email etc. If i get an Iphone will there be a conflict of sync’ing etc between the 2 on my PC also account wise for Apps, purchases etc. This niggle is making move more in favour of the Samsung Galaxy S2, also coupled with the fact the Galaxy has a better memory capacity from the box, although as i understand it the Galaxy is android (numpty content) does that have any baring on apps and the like or usability etc.

Any advice welcomed please from users and the like.

_tom_
    Free Member

Personally I prefer Android over iOS so I would look into the Galaxy depending what deals you can get. One thing to mention is that my Galaxy W has a shite GPS receiver, not sure about the S2 but worth thinking about..

br
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about the ‘sync’ issues, as we share our iTunes across 3 PC’s and 2 phones – use the same account etc.

I haven’t an iPhone, but my wife and three children do – and when my contract is up, I’ll be getting one. As you’ve said, they seem just so easy to use.

But on 3, the 4S was now cheaper than the 4 – son number two upgraded two weeks ago.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I ran out of space on my HTC desire and spent about £15 and went from 4gb to 32gb storage, you cant do that on an Iphone….

Loads of android apps around, most of the ones you will want are cross platform now.

My money is with Android
    Not tied to apple/itunes
    upgradeable memory
    OS updates seem to make it faster not slower
    Mine is working fine after 2 years – friends with iphones complain that they got slower.
    replaceable battery
    works damm well!

kayak23

You won’t have a conflict with two devices in iTunes, as you’ll name each device separately and it should all sync independently.
    IPhones are easy to use no doubt and just sort of…work.
    Android are far more customisable to exactly what you want in my experience. Less apps available on Android but the balance is shifting. I’d get the galaxy. Cracking phone.

kayak23

tron
    Free Member

The S2 beats the 4s in my book. Usability wise if you’re used to an iPhone then it will seem odd, pretty much like if you’re used to Windows a Mac will seem odd.

The S2 and HTC One X are probably the best two phones available. The One X is newer and has a bigger screen, faster etc. but ropey battery life. I’d go for an Orange Panther plan, simply because swappables are great. Best deal I could find as a new customer on Orange was an S2 on Panther 26 (£26). As a renewing customer, I managed to get them to knock a tenner off one of the dearer Panthers for myself.

Apps do vary between the two – iPhone tends to be the platform that makes the developer more money, apps tend to be paid for and plentiful. Android also has loads of Apps, lots of them can be had in free versions with ads, but I’d say the app market tends to lag slightly behind as a rule.

bigbloke
    Free Member

For info….i have not had/used an Iphone so even that would be new to me (blackberry user).

It appears now that my network will match the deals with either phone, so its tougher choice now.

mu3266
    Free Member

Ive got an S2, GPS is fantastic using just the standard google maps which the phone comes with. Plenty of apps now and growing. expandable memory, I use mine as a WIFI box some times (I’m on three with unlimited internet) camera is pretty good, easy to use. As with all smart phones, I’d suggest a protective case. The leather flip case is pretty sturdy, I’d face planted my phone from 5ft with it and the phone was fine. Compared to all the horror stories I hear about Iphone screens shattering, I know I spent wisely.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have neither (have an iPhone 3GS) but I have used both and IMHO I think the iPhone is a better bit of kit. I thought the S2 felt cheap in comparison to the iPhone.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Went for the Iphone4 in the end due to ease of use and size mainly. Plus the deal with our existing network was great in my opinion…

Three

1000 any network mins
    2000 3 to 3 mins
    5000 texts
    Unlimited internet use

No upfront fee for phone

£29 month

Happy with that, thanks for all the comments/advice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New phone advice plus numpty content. Iphone Samsung content…..discuss.’ is closed to new replies.