Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • new orange 5 – question?
  • arfur
    Free Member

Christened my shiny new orange 5 pro at dalbeattie on sunday. What a bike, very happy with her: rides light, fast and smooth. Am a fan of simple, single pivots and British manufacturing, so perfect bike for me.
    One question – where can i get a chainstay protector to fit the 5 (prevent chain slap and heel rubbing)? Seen folk using inner tubes or tape, but i’d like something slightly sleeker. Cheers.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You could use some helicopter tape which is clear protective tape. Might be a bit tricky to apply so you get full coverage.

An old innertube cut in half length ways and stretched out works best.

vdubber67
    Free Member

http://www.2pure.co.uk/Lizard-Skins-Swing-Arm-Protector

or just search for a LS swingarm protector…fits my 5 fine…

forge197
    Free Member

When I had a Five I used helicopter tape.

mybike
    Free Member

They do a Lizard Skin for fat swing arms, fits a treat 😉

andywhit
    Free Member

I’ve got a lizard skins neoprene one, they do larger sizes for such big swingarms. Like the one vdubber posted 🙂

Burchy1
    Free Member

old bit of inner tube wrapped round and zip tied on..

scuttler

I have the Lizard Skin but I’ve also heard that a piece of sticky back velcro (the softer loop side) along the bottom of the swingarm works fine. Not sure how sticky it is though.

titaniumtit
    Free Member

It’s lizard skin type jobby for cannondales and the like.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I run sticky velcro (available from John Lewis) under the swingarm on my 224 and it’s superb! You do need to use clear varnish over the edges though to stop it peeling…

Nick

I’ve had a couple of layers of black duck tape on the underside of my swingarm for almost 5 years now, stops the chain clanking, can’t see it, don’t seem to have rubbed it with my heal, hasn’t fallen off etc

djglover
    Free Member

Her, helicopter tape?

how about HTFU and just ride the ******* bike!

arfur
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies, i’ve seen the lizard skins in shops but wasn’t too sure if they’d fit the 5s chunky swingarm. May give it a go.
    Looking forward to my next ride out to give the 5 its second outing – she’s still far too clean and shiny!

iainc

I bought the Lizard skins one but only used it 1 ride ‘cos it looks a bit crap. I put some heli tape on, but tbh unless your heels point in a lot I don’t think you need any protection

GaryLake
    Free Member

Helicopter taped underside, don’t get heel rub…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘new orange 5 – question?’ is closed to new replies.