Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • new laptop/RAM question…
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

just received a new netbook in the post. the reviews on amazon said it works better with 2GB of RAM, instead of the 1 which comes as standard. so i bought some new RAM too.
    it sounds like its easy to (physically) fit the new RAM, but as the RAM hasn't arrived in the post yet, should i wait until its arrived and fitted before i turn on (and install everything on) the netbook?

i figure that if i install everything and start using it, and then remove the RAM that things will get complicated?

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

Doesn't matter in the slightest 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

It'll make no difference. Just set it up how it is now and stick the RAM in when it arrives – there are no settings to it.

richmars

RAM contents is lost when you turn it off. BIOS should detect how much you have when you turn it on.
    I'd start installing stuff now.

5lab

nah feel free to do whatever you like to the system. It will simply recognise the new memory and start using it when you add it in. The only thing I'd say is shut down the laptop (ie, fully, not standby or hibernate), unplug the power and remove the battery before opening it up (might be obvious)

Frankenstein
    Free Member

It shouldn't really matter and you should check your netbook works properly before installing anything.

You might even notice the difference in performance too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘new laptop/RAM question…’ is closed to new replies.