Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New KS i950R issues help needed
  • jimr80
    Free Member

I have fitted my new KS i950r post and been out riding this afternoon.
    For the 1st 1 1/2 hrs all good. Then i noticed when i let the seat right up and sit on it, it compresses about 25mm into its travel. When off the bike if i activate the post as it compresses it make a dull thud half through its travel. When i let it back up and put weight back on it, it still settles 25mm into its travel.
    I have check the cable and even backed it off in case it was causing the post to activate. I have checked the lever and all is well.
    Anyone experienced this? Return to retailer or home fix?

jimr80
    Free Member

bump

jam-bo

Did you get it from superstar? Good luck…

jimr80
    Free Member

no , not superstar 😀

jimr80
    Free Member

bump bump

Northwind

All KSs break early on and need repaired, as far as I can tell- but once they’ve been fixed on warranty once they work very well.

andrewni
    Free Member

Have to agree with northwind, mine did some thing similar about 4 weeks in and over the next few hours gradually failed completely. Sent it back and got it fixed under warranty and it’s fine ever since

XXX
    Free Member

Mine also, one ride in my gave up but once fixed all worked well for many months…

jimr80
    Free Member

Did you guys go back to the retailer or direct to pure racing regards warranty? i know my contracts with the point of purchase but possibly by passing could speed things up. I need it for a trip to Wales in a few weeks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Return for fixing, do not try a home fix if it’s under warranty. If it still doesn’t work get your money back and get a reverb..

jimr80
    Free Member

its only one ride old so home fix is out of the question.
    I’ll contact the importers and take itfrom there.
    Reverb is tempting

andrewni
    Free Member

Mine was bought off eBay, seller was representing a shop or in some way associated with a shop. Returned via seller who on turn returned to pure racing, they fixed it returned to seller/shop who then sent it back to me. Sounds complicated but only took about 10 days all-in and considering it was an eBay purchase I was more than happy with the result

timmys

Did you guys go back to the retailer or direct to pure racing regards warranty? i know my contracts with the point of purchase but possibly by passing could speed things up. I need it for a trip to Wales in a few weeks.

In case you weren’t aware Pure Racing are Superstar. They will usually make you go through the retailer. It gets more amusing if you bought it through Superstar, and you return it to them, as they often blame delays on “it having to go back to the distributor”, which is errr, them.

KeithG
    Free Member

I went direct to Pure for mine, same as above experience, post failed quite early, returned it and it’s been faultless ever since, I even got the remote replaced for the new type FOC

Unfortunately it failed tonight on the way home but hey it’s very old now and well outside it’s warranty.

When I returned it to Pure it returned repaired 2 days later, I know others have talked about issues on here but can’t fault my experience. Credit where it’s due

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New KS i950R issues help needed’ is closed to new replies.