Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • new kindle fire
  • foxski
    Free Member

hi has anybody got the new kindle fire?i placed a thread on here last week to ask about the kindle,but have since been told the new model is a kindle fire?is it out in the uk yet?

molgrips
    Free Member

The fire is not the new kindle, it’s a tablet. The kindle is an e-reader, so different.

Plus they are not out over here.

foxski
    Free Member

o ok ive got mixed up then ,thanks for that

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kuco

Played with one a couple of months ago was pretty impressed with it. Also played with an ipad2 and a couple of Android versions at the same time. Hated the Android couldn’t get on with them but being a Mac/iphone user found the ipad easy to use. Found the Kindle Fire easier to use than the Android though.

CountZero

Found the Kindle Fire easier to use than the Android though.

You do realise it runs Android, don’t you?
    Though, to be fair it’s been heavily buggered about with by Amazon so hardly recognisable as such.

duckman

When is it out?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I quite fancy a fire they look a good price in the US and the specs sent too bad. I’m not spending as much as I would on a laptop on a bloody tablet.

d4
    Free Member

We’ve got one, brought back from US. Can’t use some of the features as have UK amazon account.
    In general it’s ok. Tend to use my iPhone more for browsing at home.
    Good for what we paid for it but wouldn’t buy one at the price they’re likely to be over here.

Kuco

No I didn’t know it ran Android but it ran it better than the other two devices that just seemed clunky and slow and I found the other two devices rather frustrating, just wish I could remember what the other two makes were.

In my brief play with them the Fire ran just as smooth as the ipad.

freeagent
    Free Member

My Brother has one, his missus got it from the US as a christmas pressie – he can’t use all the features as doesn’t have an Amazon USA account, but its a nice little gadget for a bit of web brousing etc…

DrJ

They are nice, but surprisingly heavy!!

argyle
    Free Member

until the amazon cloud thingy is up over here the fire will be pretty pointless. Look good though and great pricepoint, apparently a bit bulky and heavy compared to the more refined tablets but when its a fraction of the cost who cares!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘new kindle fire’ is closed to new replies.