Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • New jeans time ….. Help.
  • letmetalktomark

I spend a lot of time in jeans and as such I tend to wear a pair out (in the crotch (ooh er) ) in a year.

Current Lee ones have just gone 😥

Looking for skinny but not “your sisters jeans” skinny and black/grey oh and in the sale would be good 😆

Not looking for Selvege or anything too fancy – I’ve already got a few pairs like that – just looking for every day jeans.

Suggestions?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mine are made from organically sourced cotton, woven in a shed on Dartmoor, then cut to panel shapes with an artisan axe before being stitched together with wefted unicorn pubes by people with beards. Men and women. Obviously.

colp

If you have a regular bikers shape, Gap 1969 straight or slim are the way forward

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

regular bikers shape

Jamie
    Free Member

Has Sir considered chinos?

mattbee

I live in my Swrve jeans.
    Cordura, bit of stretch, nice & comfy.

theotherjonv

for daily wear don’t care if the knees wear out, Next slim fit with stretch.

Very similar cut to my Edwin ED55’s but lighter weight denim and of course, with stretchiness for cake based misdemeanours

LeeW

Filter Diesel jeans on MandM direct.

wrecker
    Free Member

Edwin Ed55’s are a good cut and normally on sale lots of places.

letmetalktomark

Cheers Flash but unless they have had a vegan friendly faux leather tag branded with an iron heated on a wood burning stove I feel they may be too mainstream.

@ Jamie ….. I’m not at that point yet.

@ Lee …… Will have a look now

Thanks all, keep ’em coming

matt_outandabout

May I just say, with pride. :mrgreen:

I bought some M&S jeans, with stretch, this Christmas. 😳

There. I. Am. Old. 😐

But they are so comfy…. 😳

Jamie
    Free Member

for daily wear don’t care if the knees wear out, Next slim fit with stretch.

Same. I have these: http://www.next.co.uk/g5030002s2#981200

I have some nice black DC slim ones as well, but currently too porky to put them on without my legs looking like too badly stuffed sausages.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Levi 501 CT, great cut and none of the baggyness of the origional 501.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I went to GAP today and got a pair that fitted nicely and looked good for £15 in the sale

wobbliscott
    Free Member

One the years through trial and error i’ve just gravitated to Levi. You can’t beat them for a price/performance point. I wear then regularly so surprised if you’ve worn through your crotch in only a year! I get a good few years out of a pair of Levi’s before they get consigned to general ‘jobs around the house’ jeans.

CountZero

Uniqlo do a whole range, waist size is usually one up from what you usually take, I usually take a 32/34, with Uniqlo I take a 34/34.
    Prices are good, even their Japan selvedge denim is pretty cheap, about £38/pair.
    Route One jeans are good too, they do two pairs for £49, in various fits and types of denim.
    https://www.routeone.co.uk/clothing/jeans/+route-one
    http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/search?qtext=men&qstart=0&sort=goods_disp_priority&qclv1=001&qclv2=001003007

tjagain

How old are you? over 25 stop wearing jeans. Wearing jeans when you are older than make you look like clerkson

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I had this issue. Normal waist. (33 measured so a 34) Big legs (muscle honest) and i had to go up a waist size to fit. Spent days trying on jeans and just couldnt get one to fit that wasnt mega baggy or needed so tightened by a belt that it was uncomfy. Then i tried on 501s. Bought 3 pairs….

Jamie
    Free Member

How old are you? over 25 stop wearing jeans. Wearing jeans when you are older than make you look like clerkson

It really doesn’t, Teej.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Jeans are fine when you get a bit older. It’s really more to do with the footwear. At 35, you can’t get away with trainers; you should be wearing them with some decent leather shoes.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jeans are fine when you get a bit older. It’s really more to do with the footwear. At 35, you can’t get away with trainers; you should be wearing them with some decent leather shoes.

Smart shoes. Check.

Imagine being that rich, and dressing that badly…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Mine are made from organically sourced cotton, woven in a shed on Dartmoor, then cut to panel shapes with an artisan axe before being stitched together with wefted unicorn pubes by people with beards. Men and women. Obviously.

Primark?

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Next are fine and Primark do some reasonable jeans at disposable prices, particularly in a more skinny fit. Look fine with shoes or trainers. Trainers look good on any age of man, it just requires the right trainer. Nike air max and baggy bleached jeans on a mature gentleman screams “formerly of wormwood scrubs”.

teasel
    Free Member

That Cowell has tiny feet and a big head – weird combo; very unstable, I would imagine.

integerspin
    Free Member

Tesco cargo trousers, pockets to carry bike spares and a tenner a pair.

Drac

At 35, you can’t get away with trainers; you should be wearing them with some decent leather shoes.

Thankfully that only last 12 months and strangers won’t know you’re 35 anyway.

Stick to your advice on Ouija boards you’re almost better at that.

tjagain

leather shoes with trainers – you look like a dork

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Just get your wife, girlfriend, partner, Mum to buy them like most blokes.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mix of Fat Face jeans and 501’s.

Costco sell 501’s at a bargain price of less then £30 IIRC

wait4me

Nudie have got a sale on at the moment, some good discounts. Grim Tim for me are a nice straight leg but not too skinny fit. Had some nice black and grey numbers last time i looked. Got a pair that were half price this week. I know, for £50 you could get 5 pairs of Tesco jeans…..

yossarian
    Free Member

Another vote for uniqlo.

Carhartt make nice stuff and there’s usually a sale on their website.

kerley
    Free Member

Looking for skinny but not “your sisters jeans” skinny and black/grey oh and in the sale would be goo

Levi 511. Fairly skinny, compared to 501, and available in a massive range of colours and washes.

isto
    Free Member

I would go with Uniqlo. For the price you can’t beat the Kaihara Japanese denim. It should last a long time as an everyday pair of jeans. The trick is working out which jeans on their site use this fabric.

markoc1984

+1 for 501, worth the extra ££

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh I just adore a “what jeans” thread.

It’s not the jeans that bother me, it’s the folks that think there is some sort of regime and format for wearing them.

Wear what fits, looks nice on you and provided you give at least 2mins thought as to what you wear them with, you’ll be fine.
    Buy what someone else bought you and you just might as well live near TJ and polish your helmet with him.

lunge

Levi 511 is my go to. Work well for my tall, long legged frame.
    The H&M slim cut are OK too, though the denim is not great quality. Cheap though and fine for an every day jean.

Coyote
    Free Member

Yes Gok, of course they do.

leather shoes with trainers – you look like a dork

Now someone’s getting a little confused.

Leku
    Free Member

Edwin ED-55 Regular Tapered

Gary_M
    Free Member

As above Levi 511 work for me.

What a ridiculous statement to make, did you read that in a fashion magazine? Think for yourself man.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘New jeans time ….. Help.’ is closed to new replies.