Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • New jeans time ….. Help.
  • DrJ

Uniqlo – free adjustments for if you can’t find the correct leg length off the shelf.

letmetalktomark

I’m clearly doing this wrong as I am:

1) still wearing jeans

&

2) Mostly wearing jeans with trainers.

Gulp.

Off to talk to these two:

letmetalktomark

Thanks again of the suggestions.

Will check out the Edwins.

theotherjonv

Edwin ED-55 Regular Tapered

Yes, this, but IDK if £50+ is ‘everyday jeans’ territory – you can get them cheaper if you don’t care about the colour or if you’re an odd size (basically skinny) – seems like getting a decent 34 or 36 waist pair will then set you back a bit more than the suck-you-in prices advertised on the web.

The Next slim fits are to my eye a very similar cut, with the advantage of being stretch and about 1/3 the price. So not devastating when you wear the crotch out or get a load of suspension oil down them.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Gotta ask – how do you wear out the crotch of jeans in a year? Genuinely curious.

isto
    Free Member

I have a couple of pairs of ED-55’s and a couple of Uniqlo’s and they are on par quality wise (if you get Uniqlo’s Kaihara denim). You would be doing well not to pay double the price for the Edwin’s.

poolman
    Free Member

Uniqlo +1, i wanted some selvedge and tried uniqlos. Anyway, almost daily wearing for 2 months they are wearing in nicely. 40 quid, mine are 2 sizes bigger….i expect them to shrink a bit in the wash.

razorrazoo

Nudie for me. Decent quality, not too spendy and available in loads of cuts and finishes. Let their website guide you.

I have a couple of pairs of Uniqlo selvedge jeans bought after recommendation on the last one of these threads. They’re OK, my main complaint with them is that the skinny cut is not skinny at all, definitely more a slim cut (same complaint with Gap Skinny cut and Levis 511 too). They don’t shrink in the wash either, the denim stretches back really quickly.

Otherwise Topman stretch skinny for everyday, cheapish throwaway skinny jeans for the average man (they do a spray on skinny for the rakes) which last well and are actually a decent skinny fit.

iainc

after a few years of cheap Matalan ones, my wife treated me with a trip to the Levi store sale last week. I was impressed with how helpful the assistant was in relation to what model for cyclist shape and within 10 minutes exited same shop with 2 pairs of 511’s for under £90

Oh, and over 50 here too 🙂

CountZero

How old are you? over 25 stop wearing jeans. Wearing jeans when you are older than make you look like clerkson

You are a feature writer for the Daily Mail, and I claim my £5, ‘cos that’s exactly the sort of stupid snobbery I’d expect to find in that particular rag. Next you’ll be telling us that any man over 25 should wear comfortable slacks with a check shirt and a cardigan, when not wearing a suit and tie, and should also give up listening to rock and pop music and only listen to ‘grown-up’ music, jazz.
    And I have actually read that in a Daily Fail article, and I despise that sort of narrow-minded snobbery.

BillOddie

Big thighs?

Step this way Sir…
    https://www.athletedenim.com/

IHN

leather shoes with trainers – you look like a dork

Well, yeah, cos you’d be wearing odd shoes.

letmetalktomark

The wait is over ……

I’ve gone with some Levi’s® Skate 511 jeans.

@Aphex_2K – no idea …. they always go there 😳

timb34
    Free Member

After years of badly fitting jeans, I have ended up with Patagonia Performance straight jeans. They actually fit me, are really comfortable, the perfect length and are almost impeccably eco-snobby (organic cotton, fairtrade stiching… 🙄 ). Bit expensive, but they were in a sale..

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘New jeans time ….. Help.’ is closed to new replies.