Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • New iPhone….
  • porterclough
    Free Member

I used my old phones to listen to the radio. I would then text or play games too. Can't "multitask" with it, that annoys me.

I'm writing this on my 18 month old iPod Touch whilst it is playing music… double click of the home button whilst in the web browser brings a popup dialog box to change tracks…

DrJ

i bought an iphone last week….i took it back! it was not my cup of tea, the worst purchase i've ever made!

I see DrJ's law is in operation – "all internet discussion tends towards criticism of the iPhone"

DrJ

OS4 is just around the corner and will add multitasking.

Hope it is better than the much-hyped Android version, and avoids the necessity to install a task killer to reduce wasting system resources.

Jamie
    Free Member

i bought an iphone last week….i took it back! it was not my cup of tea, the worst purchase i've ever made!

What exactly was 'not a cup of tea' about it?

atlaz
    Free Member

What porterclough said; the iphone currently doesn't multitask, but it doesn't count music + otherstuff as multitasking so you can do that. If you have a 3GS and upgrade to the 4.0 OS when its released or buy one of the new ones in July you'll get "proper" multitasking.

Jamie
    Free Member

What porterclough said; the iphone currently doesn't multitask, but it doesn't count music + otherstuff as multitasking so you can do that.

Essentially Apple allows its own apps to run concurrently, mail/safari/itunes/phone, but no non Apple apps.

….as usual you can do proper multitasking on an iPhone, you just have to jailbreak and install proswitcher from Cydia.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've had my iPhone for about a week now and here's my impression of it, as someone who's previously had a Blackberry and before that one of the nicer business Nokia:
    Display – excellent, much better than any other phone I've used for both clarity and size
    Keypad – very god for a touch screen and much better for mail etc. than a normal phone keypad (e.g. like my E51) however it's not as good as the keypad on the Blackberry Bold I had.
    Email – Very good for reading and responding to email, pretty much up there with the Blackberry
    Apps – some fun games and some useful apps available
    GPS – not convinced how useful this is in reality, partly because it doesn't seem that reliable but mostly because of the limited battery life
    Battery – terrible, perhaps no more than 4 hours if I run the phone they way I would my Blackberry (I was getting 3-4 days with that). I'll give turning loads of stuff off a go, however for someone who's out and about a lot in meetings etc. that does seem to remove a lot of the reasons you'd get an iPhone in the first place. I could buy extra batteries etc. to carry around but the iPhone is already pretty bulky so I might just carry one of my old phones as a back-up instead.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Quick question, what phone cover would you suggest for an i-phone? Lots of the ones I've looked out don't have a think film to cover the screen,surely this is the key bit you want to protect. Could anyone suggest something. thanks

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Four HOURS battery life?!

Makes my HTC Desire look frugal. And I have no issues with the latest version of Android which plays Flash and Youtube too. And it has a 5MP camera 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘New iPhone….’ is closed to new replies.