Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • New iPhone….
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Thinking about getting an iPhone but heard that there will be a new one out soon- does anybody know what's going on there then, eh?

fadda

Yes – everyone's getting the HTC desire these days though…

*stands back and watches…*

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

i currently have a htc, very slow after the first month and constant freezing, i will be upgrading to the iphone soon though!

its not a new iphone

sipmly a new os 4.0

more reliable systems and multitasking aplications

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

They tend to bring out a new one every year, there don't seem to be too many firm details at the moment, many websites claim they know what it looks like! Expect to see confirmation in the next month or so.

Jamie
    Free Member

its not a new iphone

sipmly a new os 4.0

A new iPhone is coming out, as is a new OS.

shermer75
    Free Member

Sweet, thanks njee20! I've seen the HTC's around, don't like the look of them. But then again everyone's got an iPhone, kinda sick of seeing them around too…

jam-bo

No details? A near production phone got lost and taken apart by gizmodo.

It'll be officially announced on 7th June at wwdc and I'll be getting mine as soon as possible after.

zaskar
    Free Member

I thought someone got a big reward for finding and returning a prototype to Apple?

huggis
    Free Member

main difference is the screen resolution and HD video

Kevevs
    Free Member

they re the best thing in the orld.

scraprider
    Free Member

iphones are great arnt they , they are like little electronic friends. 8)

markenduro
    Free Member

Nokia N8 looks promising

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

By the sounds of it new i phone isnt' going to make that much difference! Or not to a techy idiot like me! not bothered about camera, got digital camera I'd use etc.

What contract are you looking at getting your i phone with? Moneysaving expert said Tesco are cheapest on their 1 year deal, as despite paying £200 for the phone it works out cheaper as can drop onto SIM only deal earlier, mind it only saves about £40 so not that much like the article implied!!!

aracer
    Free Member

they re the best thing in the orld.

Surely the best comes with a speel chucker?

shermer75
    Free Member

That was gonna be my next question really- who's got the best network + deal…

GrahamS

When comparing deals make sure you are looking at deals that include unlimited 3G data, as any smartphone is a bit pointless without this.

mogrim

My HTC Nexus One is great, and I don't have to install iTunes to use it 🙂

CountZero

Indications are that the iPhone will have a flat ceramic or glass back, have a 5Mp camera with 1260×720 video, the same 1Ghz processor as the iPad, much higher resolution screen, and possibly up to 80-96Gb of storage, certainly 64Gb, as the NAND flash chips double each year and Toshiba announced the 64Gb ones five months ago. As the new phone is flat there's more space, and it appears to use the new micro SIMS, so it's possible it'll use a 64+16Gb pairing or possibly 64+32. OS4 is showing a lot of nifty new features as well. It'll be announced officially on June 7, and could be available two to four weeks later. There's been lots about it on Macrumors among many other forums.
    [edit]My HTC Nexus One is great, and I don't have to install iTunes to use it
    [/edit]
    *yawn* whatever.
    Nothing wrong with iTunes that I can see.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Surely the best comes with a speel chucker?

No his keyboard's fecked. If he nts to hve nk, he's buggered…

spacemonkey

If you're keen on an iPhone then definitely worth waiting til it goes live (June/July I believe).

I'm tempted myself, even though I stayed away from them and stuck with HTC/Android. Currently have a Hero which is great – but the Desire (with OS 2.0) is even better. May well turn to the dark Apple if the new one is worth it though.

prettygreenparrot

the new iPhone is very likely to be unveiled at the Apple World Wide Developer's Conference in June/July WWDC 2010 wait until then. And keep up with Apple news at MacRumors

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Shermer75 depends how many minutes etc you want.
    Tesco do £35 a month, 750 mins x network, unlimited texts and umlimited internet, on a 12 month contract you pay £200 for the phone.

Orange, O2, and all the others are pretty much standard, £35 a month for I think (not sure off top of my head) 600 x network mins, 500 texts and unlimited internet, you pay £89 for the phone if you sign up to 24 months.

Good think about Tesco is that afer a year you can go onto a SIM only deal and for what you would pay £35 you can get for about £20 so over the course of 24 months works out cheaper. Tesco is also on the O2 coverage, in case O2 is pants in your area.

Drac

I thought someone got a big reward for finding and returning a prototype to Apple?

They did, the reward was the Police raiding their house after they'd returned the phone.

Taff
    Free Member

It'll be about June / July as usual with the new iphone. New phone looks pretty good. Can't wait to slap OS4 on my phone… about time for multi-tasking

rnewell1973
    Free Member

Best phone on Market is google nexus 1, that is until new Iphone HD comes out in summer (or Christmas), and I happen to be selling one…:-)

epicsteve
    Free Member

My new company phone is a 32GB iPhone 3GS and while it's a nice bit of kit I'm struggling to see how people can use it as a business phone as the battery life is appalling. The Blackberry I had before could easily go 3-4 days without being charged but I'm struggling to get half a day out of the iPhone.

Pickers

Cheapest renewal contract I've found is O2's own Simplicity over 12 mths – £15 for 300 mins, unlimited text & data. My contract's up this month – that's what I'll be on.

GrahamS

I'm struggling to get half a day out of the iPhone.

Turn off 3G (unless you need it), turn off Bluetooth, reduce the brightness to a sensible level.

Get yourself a car charger and a plug into your PC to charge while you work.

Failing that, if you need to be away from power a lot then get one of the covers with a built-in battery.

Sorted 😀

jam-bo

Have you got push email on? That murders my battery, set it to fetch at 15/30/45 min intervals and it'll use a whole lot less juice. With push it's holding a connection on permanently rather than on demand.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

What are the battery covers with a charger in them? how do they work?
    is it like a normal i pod connecter to connect and charge iphone whilst at work? cheers.

duntmatter
    Free Member

These look like good ones.. http://www.powerskin.co.uk/

I almost wish I needed one!

CountZero

One or two app tips for those who use GPS:
    NDrive UK & Ireland – voice guided turn-by-turn £9.99
    Memory Map Free – you get 1:1million and 1:250k base
    maps and 400k mapping of your choice, then £12/700k tiles
    of whatever mapping takes your fancy.
    Viewranger GPS – £14.99 – base map plus 700k, and you can install
    any previously owned maps, then add any others on top.
    UK Map – £4.99 – you get a base map then 5k square tiles of 1:10k
    OS maps of anywhere in the UK for free.

aleigh
    Free Member

i bought an iphone last week….i took it back! it was not my cup of tea, the worst purchase i've ever made!

Fletcher
    Free Member

I'd wait for the 4G.

Elmo
    Free Member

Got one because Orange let me have it cheap. Such a good customer-and expert whinger!
    Not really all its cracked up to be (for me anyway) i fell for the hype!

pjbarton
    Free Member

the worst purchase i've ever made!

really?

GrahamS

i bought an iphone last week….i took it back! it
    was not my cup of tea, the worst purchase i've
    ever made!

Eh? Were you unaware how it operated before you bought it?

Had you not tried one before you laid down that much cash?

Mental.

GrahamS

Not really all its cracked up to be (for me
    anyway) i fell for the hype!

Really? What did you want it to do that it doesn't?

(from my iphone, as always)

Elmo
    Free Member

I guess it may be that i'm just not releasing its potential!

But i miss buttons to text with-dont like the feel of the touch screen! Weird!

I used my old phones to listen to the radio. I would then text or play games too. Can't "multitask" with it, that annoys me.

Cameras poo. But i knew that really-just miss a decent one on the phone!

Just expected something more somehow.

GrahamS

You get used to the keyboard pretty quickly. I can definitely type faster on it than I could ever text with a basic phone keypad.

The "Tune-In Radio" app can play some radio stations in the background (by opening them in Safari) but OS4 is just around the corner and will add multitasking.

The camera is fairly poo, true enough, but it's not unusable. I've had a few nice shots from it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘New iPhone….’ is closed to new replies.