• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New iPad…
  • CHB

Anyone wanting a new new 16gb iPad in Leeds?
    I have one reserved at a well know retailer to pick up in store from central Leeds.
    (I reserved it this morning thinking that a colleague might want it, mine is already sat at home in a TNT jiffy bag).

I realise you could have stood outside an Apple store for three days to get one, and that using a reservation code that allows you to waltz in anytime in the next 24 hours won’t have the same emmotional appeal…but figured someone would want one.

organic355
    Free Member

I would but I am waiting for tescos to stock them as Ive got about £250 of vouchers saved up, woohoo!!

CHB

Surely Tesco vouchers are better used at ASK and other restaurants as they multiply up 4x ?

Kato

I’m glad I preodered a 32gb, seeing the sizes of some of the apps now it’s a HD

clicky

CHB

I know! I have a 16gb white at home.
    Nearly clicked on a 32gb 4g model but the extra coin put me off.
    I think the extra 16gb might be appreciated though!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Lad in work just received his…

It’s HEAVY

Really heavy

Kato

Yeah but i’m coming from a Motorola Xoom and that was as heavy as my laptop!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

How upset d’you think my pal will be, when he gets home to find I’ve swiped he’s new shinny ipad3 from its box and replace it with a stapler !!

dawson

El reg has few good stories on ipad3
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/16/ipad_london_queue_hype/

and

my favourite

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/15/ipad_review_roundup_roundup/

which finishes with an outstanding conclusion
    it’s just an iPad, FFS.

CHB

bump in case anyone wants this……. ❓

chewkw
    Free Member

Next time I will queue up … 😀

£300

scaredypants

How upset d’you think my pal will be, when he gets home to find I’ve swiped he’s new shinny ipad3 from its box and replace it with a stapler !!

You are a bad person 🙂

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Is it just me or is there something odd about the apple clan in the pics???

Cletus

Just bought one for the family to use and tbh I am pretty disappointed so far. The OS seems pretty clumsy compared to my BB PlayBook and getting content onto it is clunky.

Difficult to believe Apples world domination is based upon something so pedestrian

CountZero

Just bought one for the family to use and tbh I am pretty disappointed so far. The OS seems pretty clumsy compared to my BB PlayBook and getting content onto it is clunky.

Difficult to believe Apples world domination is based upon something so pedestrian

How is getting content onto it clunky? Explain, please. I’ve just copied a whole SD card of photos onto mine and it was as easy as anything to do. Getting apps on is a doddle. I’d really like to know what you’re doing that you find so difficult.
    A friend of mine’s mum was given an iPhone, and she took to it straight away, having never owned anything like a computer. She’s 75.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

A friend of mine’s mum was given an iPhone, and she took to it straight away, having never owned anything like a computer. She’s 75.

You dI realise she’s only trying to clean the glass on that fancy coaster that she has.

SBrock
    Free Member

Yes you really need to substantiate this now?

Had my iPad 6 months now and I can’t put the damn thing down now, I use it everyday, I hardly ever touch the games but use iplayer, FB, Flipboard, Calendar, email everyday, just downloaded iPhoto and iMovie – iMovie is amazing and all for £2.99 I can’t see anything that even touches those 2 apps on the Playbook and developers are leaving in droves developing apps for it…..the Playbook is dead so how you can call the iPad pedestrian is comical!

muggomagic

Can’t believe you guys took the bait.

bol

I was hoping to be able to just walk into the apple Store this morning and pick one up. Is that wishfull thinking?

CHB

Dunno…quite a few folk got one yesterday without too much drama. Think you might struggle today.
    I have a 16gb reserved at argos in leeds.
    Friend at work doesnt want it, so thought I would offer the code FREE tonthe denizens of STW.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New iPad…’ is closed to new replies.