Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New Inbred 29er frame in orange
  • collie
    Free Member

Look what was waiting for me when I got home last night!!
    Just waiting for a few other bits to arrive then I can get her built up over Christmas.
    Has anybody had one of the purple ones yet?

Bat1
    Free Member

I do hope no gears are going on there

collie
    Free Member

Certainly not in its first incarnation – might put some on over the long dusty summer I'm sure we'll have in 2010.

collie
    Free Member

Finished.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Me likey 🙂

Dancake
    Free Member

[drool]sigh[/drool]

Vortexracing

nice bike

what bash ring is that?

collie
    Free Member

Its the one that I took from my old DB Mojito, it was on a Truvativ isoflow chainset.

rOcKeTdOg

Juicy!

Earl
    Free Member

Can you give a report back on how it rides against the Mojito.

collie
    Free Member

It rides very nicely indeed, I'm just about there now with saddle, bar and stem fiddling.
    Compared to the DB Mojito it feels a much more sorted bike – its diffucult to put my finger on really (and could be something to do with the fact its new and shiny!) but I would say there is an appreciable increase in ride quality with the steel frame over the alu, it's longer in the top tube which suits me and is quieter because it doesn't need a chain tensioner.
    I'm looking forward to getting her on some singletrack without snow as the speed and handling side of things seems promising as well – it's one of those bikes that makes you want to go fast whereas the DB felt good but it didn't make you want to go flat out.
    So, whilst the DB is good and a very good intro to the big wheeled thing for little cash the new toy feels a good deal better. 😀

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Looks good. What size is it?

collie
    Free Member

It's the 21''

Clink

Nice. I'd love to see one of the purple frames built up.

thomthumb
    Free Member

lovely – stop it i want one.

Lurchenstien
    Free Member

Nice. I've been looking at the Inbred 29er, I currently have a DB Mojito to test if 29er's are for me, and things are looking good.

69er
    Free Member

Why have you put a chainstay protector on?

B@rney
    Free Member

collie – how come it does'nt need a tensioner on? Looks really sweet by the way!!!

addy6402

Got out on mine today for the first time, snow-tastic! Rode along the canals/tracks into central B'ham with the SO – note ironic poster in background at New St. Station…

collie
    Free Member

Why have you put a chainstay protector on?

Good question!! Had one and put it on.

Its got a chain tug as its a slot drop out frame – the tensioner on the DB was one of the sprung derailleur types

69er
    Free Member

Your q/r's are (literally) on the unconventional side… 😉

collie
    Free Member

Individual touch? Is it just convention that they go on the non drive side?

charliechalk
    Free Member

what size did you go for addy6402?

addy6402

19.5" for me charliechalk. I'm 6' with about a 34" inside leg. I usually ride large frame. It feels good to me! (ooer)

rockitman

Collie that looks wicked. So excited now as I'm building up a fully rigid, pink 21" Scandal 29er and like you, doing it with all black / chrome bits. I guess that's pretty much exactly what it will look like. Excellent…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New Inbred 29er frame in orange’ is closed to new replies.