Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New HT2 compatible BB – recommendations
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I have killed another HT2 on my winter singlespeed, and have also reached the conclusion that Shimanos are not the best choice on a bike thats get ridden predominantly in sh!t conditions.

So, on that note, what HT2 compatible BBs are out there that you’ve used and think will shrug off the British winter more readily?

The current list consists purely of Hope, and that’s about it. I’d love a CK, but can’t warrant it on my winter hack, but don’t wish to continue replacing Shimanos every few wet rides.

Any recommendations appreciated!

cp

really rate my Hope. Far better than the 4 Shimano ones before it.

The fact it doesn’t seize up after a muddy ride is nice. Be good if Shimano could do that!

The Hope also seems to have very very little drag – the cranks just keep spinning!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Never had an issue with Hope or himano to be honest.

Can i be cheeky and have your old knackered BB cups please?

Northwind

I’m getting on pretty well with a Gusset EXT24, costs slightly less than XT… It’s about halfway through the lifespan of an XT and seems good as new so far, need to run it into the ground to really judge. But then I’ve never had any worries about XT lifespan either.

fbk
    Free Member

Still happy with my Hope stainless 12 months down the line…

brassneck

Hope – I went for ceramic as I’d recently fixed the shop computer 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve never had any worries about XT lifespan either

I agree

MrTall
    Free Member

How about a Wheels Manufacturing one? The bearings are supersmooth compared to XT. I picked one up in the 10% off sale at CRC for £36 although i think they are £40 again now (for the black one – other colours are £10 more).

Not fitted mine yet as i managed to regrease the existing Raceface one which has now siezed twice on my SS. When it goes again the WM one will be going on.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Guys – be afraid. I’ve been running the XT/SLX BB.

Thanks for the advice – looks like it’ll be a Hope stainless.

racing_ralph – you can have the non-drive sides if you pay for P&P. I’ve been keeping the drive sides as spares, as they tend to last a little longer (at least I think it’s that way round).

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im experimenting with replacing bearings. Get some £1.60 bearings which had seized up after a particularly wet ride so required some abuse to get turning again, looking at spending £10ea on some FAG ones when I can be bothered.
    The key point with HT11 BBs is how well the bearings are sealed…..

rp16v
    Free Member

i have a fsa ceramic bb and a one23 bb both are playing ball nicley no problems both ss and both never get cleaned 😆

foxyrider
    Free Member

For replacement I’d go hope stainless when my FSA (if it fits with a mallet!) one dies?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New HT2 compatible BB – recommendations’ is closed to new replies.