Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Frame £800
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

If you had £800 to spend on a new full sus 5in trail bike frame, what would you consider

valleydaddy
    Free Member

£99 more and a Nukeproof Mega

bikeryder85
    Free Member

a hardtail (sorry had to take a shot there)…saracen i think is coming out with a new one…not sure how much it will be tho. it’s slightly over budget but the transition bandit looks like a hoot.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5lab

I just spent £200 more on a Mythic Wildcat. They do some more xc-oriented stuff if the wildcat isn’t for you

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Mega a bit much bike I think

warpcow
    Free Member

Realcycles have Meta frames for £799. They had Saracen Ariel Xs for about £850 too, but I can’t see them now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

heckler? £899 so worth a haggle to £800 (1″ more than you wanted great value!!)

flow
    Free Member

Heckler for sure

geetee1972
    Free Member

Can you really get a Heckler for £899? That seems like a bargain.

I’d be looking either for a decent second hand frame or a last years or maybe even the year before model.

Perhaps even one of these: Devinci Hectik

That’s a bargain seriously. Yes it’s more bike than you say you want but it’s also way more bike than you’ll get for the money in any other category.

jameso

The new Saracen Ariel is 899. Honestly, it’d be my pick under a grand. Always was close to spot on but the new one looks like it’s there.

TheChunk
    Free Member

Might be worth a look at my thread from last week – http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-5ish-frame-for-a-grand

Although I ended up with a 2010 Meta off ebay of less than your budget.

If, by any chance, a brand new medium stumpjumper would be of interest then drop me a line.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Had a Meta previously and while it was good, I fancy a change. I really like that Hectik-great bargain. Does anyone know much about Chumba VF2’s – they have some good deals around at the mo

mboy
    Free Member

I’d buy the Saracen Ariel 1 for £999, then sell all the bits off it on here/ebay myself. Probably end up with the frame and headset for about £400 I reckon.

Got to be bargain of the moment! In fact, had I not already got a perfectly good 5″ travel full sus right now, that’s exactly what I’d be doing!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

mboy – no smalls left 🙁

mboy
    Free Member

Bummer for being a shortarse eh! 😉

neilforrow

Perhaps even one of these: Devinci Hectik

cracking deal… that is a lot of bike for the money…

mbydmt
    Free Member

Heckler. Surprised no-one’s said just go second hand with a 5 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

current list price on heckler with Float R is 899

andyl
    Free Member

Canyon frameset?

Or maybe a Chumba, I think Si and PB had some deals.

igm

I heard a rumour Orange were selling off Blood’s at that price (ish). Talk nicely (and quietly) to your Orange dealer for more info I suspect.

infidel
    Free Member

Freeborn only had 1 new hectik frame in stock 2 weeks ago and it was a large though they did have a second hand medium at 599.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Frame £800’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts