Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New forks for BFe
  • prezet
    Free Member

Currently running Pike 454 coil u-turn. Great fork, but a bit heavy for the majority of the riding I do – also would quite like to try an air damped fork.

At the top of my list at the moment is a Revelation RCT3, however I’m not sure how I’ll get on with running a fork at a single length. I really like the u-turn in the Pikes, so I can run them at 100mm around Thetford, and then when I head to Chicksands/Woburn etc I can wind them out a little bit.

Not heard good things about RS dual position air – so keen to stay away from that.

Did consider a Fox 32 140 Talas 15mm axle, but thought they might be a bit noodly. Read reviews about them having a lot of flex and not tracking well.

Any other ideas?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’d go the other way and stick some Lyriks on it. If you want lighter then maybe you need a Soul…

GW
    Free Member

100mm Reba
    Bfes ride best with shorter forks espp. Jumping.
    chicksands has nothing to warrant more travel, is woburn not the same kinda deal?

prezet
    Free Member

GW – bad examples of locations – FoD mini DH runs and CwmCarn DH. Just places I need a little more travel than 100mm. For jumping I use my bmx.

Reggie – Don’t want a Soul ta. Lyriks are too much travel for any hardtail imo. Even if I went for Revs I’d space them down to around 120/130.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I have a revelation RLT dual air and it feels very light up front and a very plush 150mm fork. I got them new from on one for £300. I’ve not had a wind down fork but the rlt’s have a poploc. I haven’t tried anything more expensive but I find it hard to see how spending an extra 2 or 3 hundred quid will get you that much of a better fork. maybe I don’t know what I’m missing out on but I can not complain about the rlt’s!

tomlevell

Fox 36s spaced down to required travel.
    If you can find some 2010 or older then they were 160mm max travel.
    Currently running mine at 140 as that’s what they were at on the full sus but intend to reduce the travel a bit more when I open them up next.

chvck
    Free Member

I’ve got solo air lyriks lowered to 140mm (I think that’s how much travel is on them now!) on my bfe and they feel pretty nice!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New forks for BFe’ is closed to new replies.