Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New forks: everything present and correct?
  • Jimbo
    Free Member

’08 Rev Air U-Turns arrived today. All very nice. And all very new to me, hence my question…

1) Do new/boxed forks come with a pump, or is it a case of "some do, some don’t". AFAIK they’re not OE stuff a la Merlin.

2) They were sold with "Poploc remote option". On the RH leg there’s the blue compression adjuster. It’s round (as opposed to "shaped" to grip), and being this "poploc" business, feels spring loaded, so there’s no real way to turn it on the fiork by hand. Am I right in thinking that in this instance, the compression is adjusted by the remote with the dial that the (downloaded from SRAM) manual refers to? No manual in the box…

Merci bucket, gentlemen.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

you should have the bar-mount remote in the box too…if not, get on the blower!!!

Jimbo
    Free Member

Forgot to add: there’s a bit of oil emerging from in/around the compression adjuster/floodgate adjuster. Just where they’ve been stored for a bit, or something amiss?

EDIT: Thanks. The only remote I have is what looks to be a simple on/off lever, as opposed to a dial-like adjuster.

takisawa2

AFAIK there’s two types of adjuster. "Poploc" & "Poploc Adjust". (The adjust has a small blue dial.)
    Push lever to lock, press the little button to release (spring loaded)

chakaping
    Free Member

I got a pump with my 2009 Reba recently, if that helps at all.

scaredypants

"Poploc remote option" sounds worryingly like it’d be an extra for you to request (& pay for)

Is it a Rockshox term or did the shop invent the phrase ?

Jimbo
    Free Member

Not a clue: there was no "option" to select on t’ site, therefore I assumed (p’haps incorrectly) that these particular ones had said "option" (the shops term, IIRC). ’twas pictured with it, but I’m guessing that’s just library stuff.

Either way, it appears I do not have the correct remote. Bah. Still, saved what I believe to be the cost of this remote (£50) several times over by buying last seasons seemingly "obselete" stock! 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Those remote levers are rubbish anyway. You don’t want it cluttering up your bike.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Potentially. However, whilst the gubbins are all there I may as well play with it. If I don’t like it, I can suffer it ’til first service then have TF remove it whilst it’s in their capable hands 🙂

Jimbo
    Free Member

Sorry to bang ze drum with this one, folks!
    It appears I may’ve been wrong in assuming that the forks come with said remote. The remotes being available seperately (without the poploc-specific fork internals) suggests that they are indeed an option. So, sorted. Possible.

However, next one, and potentially quite silly. The cap for the +ve air chamber, situated "within" the travel adjust dial, is tight. And I mean, tight. Granted it has some oil on it so it could be that some is on the "grip" of the cap, thus making turing it hard. But, other than that…a pair of pliers and something soft/rubbery in the jaws, p’haps? Don’t want to knacker the valve body!

Cheers all.

happysnapper
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with my old revs and the +ve air cap. I found the best way was to set the U turn fully clockwise (up?), flip the travel adjust lever up and then you can grip the whole cap and travel adjust. You just need a couple of turns to get it going. Grease it before you put it back on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New forks: everything present and correct?’ is closed to new replies.