Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New forks arrived…
  • rs
    Free Member

Nothing too exciting but as my budget has been a bit tight for the last wee while i've not been able to up the travel on my DB Alpine to the intended 160mm but Jenson were doing great deals on some 302 domains, bring on 165mm of travel for only $300CAD, no adjustability but i never ever used that on my pikes so not fussed. Can't wait to get them fitted and give them a good seeing too. They look proper burly and my pikes now look like noodles, should be fine for the commute home though. Just need to find the 203mm brake adapter i know I have somewhere for post mount forks.

Just about ready to hit whistler with it in a few weeks time 😀 lift ticket received free through airmiles last week, room booked last night for quiet midweek so no lift lines 😀

sv

Enjoy!!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Doesnt the domain 302 have even worse damping than the pikes?

Id probably prefer to have pikes with ok damping over domains that add about 1.5lbs to the front of your bike and have worse damping. The only upside i guess is the added stiffness but thats about it.

Post pics anyway, i want to see it

rs
    Free Member

I'll soon find out 🙂 the pikes have been great forks but i really wanted a bigger fork on there, i don't care for tons of adjustability as I've never used it before when i've had it, I was slightly concerned that the damping may be inferior but it can't be that crap… can it? Weights not a huge issue as i rarely ride it up any significant hills (I live at the top of a hill with lots of trails going down the way and a bus with bike racks to take me back up… Oh and pics will follow in due course for sure.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"and a bus with bike racks to take me back up."

Whhaaaatttt! [green with envy]

rs
    Free Member

It is awesome 😀

rs
    Free Member

Dingy car park pics but car park test feels good. Smooth plush travel whilst bouncing up and down.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

That bike's actually quite nice! Being too all much of a mincing xc jay-boy at heart, I normally can't quite see the point of all this hardcore hardtail bollox, but that is actually quite a fine bike! The new white forks compliment the dark purple-blue frame nicely.. To my inexpert eye it also looks perfect for doing droppy-offy things and the suchlike.. 🙂

VanHalen

there is a mod for the compression damping on domains kicking about somewhere.

stops the spiking.

i`m keen on getting the uturn ones as i cant afford lyriks.

Vortexracing

looks nice RS.

when my 66Sl's are at 170mm the BB is VERY high and the bike VERY slack. Too much for singletracky type riding IMHO, but they should be great for riding that stuff in Canada.

PS love that bus.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New forks arrived…’ is closed to new replies.