Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New fork protection
  • oli575
    Free Member

Got some new Pikes arriving tomorrow and want to ensure they don’t suffer from cable rub. What is the best stuff to protect them?

wiggles
    Free Member

helitape

legend
    Free Member

setting your cables so that they don’t touch the crown would be my first step

oli575
    Free Member

With helitape as a backup or are there some patches out there that are more effective?

chief1409
    Free Member

Invisiframe now do a kit for Pikes…..

kayak23

Op, where are your pikes coming from? I’m waiting on a set to come into stock at Evans..
    Incidentally, helitape should be fine.

stumpy01

Clear Lizard Skin patches are hard to beat, I reckon.
    Make sure where you are attaching them to us spotless, then heat the patch a bit to make it conform to the surface better and apply. Try not to get fingerprints on the adhesive side.

Jamie
    Free Member

Leave them in the box, OP. It’s the only way to make sure they stay pristine.

mindmap3
    Free Member

If you’re really worried, I’d go with the Invisiframe kit.

I have one on my Rune and it’s done a stirling job of coping with general scuffs since last summer and it does blend in really well.

oli575
    Free Member

@Jamie

I’m not fussy believe me, but when I had my Pivot Mach 5.7 built up last Autumn I didn’t think twice about frame protection. One muddy (first) ride later and I had a groove worn into my seat tube!

mmel
    Free Member

setting your cables so that they don’t touch the crown would be my first step

^^^ This was working great for me, unfortunately it didn’t help when I went over the bars and the forks whacked into a rock. New lowers please…. 😯

oli575
    Free Member

@Kayak23 bike-discount.de £514 delivered.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New fork protection’ is closed to new replies.