Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New FOD Uplift service
  • Englishmastiff
    Free Member

On VERY good authority that this will be a reality soon? Seems to be on all the other forums.

Rickos
    Free Member

And on all the other forums there is no real info. Do you have any?

Englishmastiff
    Free Member

Dirtmag, pink, southern downhill, retrobike,bikemagig,mbr britain…so far.

Rickos
    Free Member

Yeah, but none of them actually know anything of substance. It seems to just be rumour.

MrAgreeable

Hasn't FoD always been upliftable via public roads?

LoCo
    Free Member

isn't it almost as quick to push up? not a big hill is it?

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Dirt Homepage. 😉

walleater

I guess people will use it if it's cheap, but seriously there's only one small steep climb! Weird.

psling
    Free Member

There are a few developments scheduled for the next 12-18 months being driven by a local group working with FC including a web site which hopefully will be up and running soon.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cool, good luck to the guy, any further developments can only be a good thing. 😀

sofaking
    Free Member

will the uplift be able to handle a full wok and niche bike 😛

sheldona
    Free Member

Whys that Sofaking? You coming over again soon?

singlespeedstu

I bet the truck will have a sign on that says
    Max load 6 people and bikes.
    Or one 'Tollah and no bike.

tazzymtb

do you downhill types have the inability to walk more than a couple of yards pushing a bike without having to have a little sit down and rest?

Is there anything in the FOD long enough or are you going for the "worlds shortest uplift" record? 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

kisses hand and slaps ass looking in Stus direction.

sofaking
    Free Member

i hear they might put a unimog on for when certain un-named persons ( cough Don and Stu )are going to be there. should just about handle you pair as long as your cock and ball bags arent full

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Yeh you can uplift it via public roads! Do 4/5 runs an hour that way top to bottom!

There is loads of other runs there away from the deaten track…

mattsccm
    Free Member

Not all of us who live here regard it as a good thing.

Rickos
    Free Member

At last! Some proper news instead of just hearsay. Good stuff.

walleater

Whatever happened to the freeride park that was proposed for one of the old quarries a few years ago? Nothing I guess?

psling
    Free Member

Whatever happened to the freeride park that was proposed for one of the old quarries a few years ago?

?

There were the coal spoil slag heaps at Lightmore Colliery near Cinderford where MTBs and Scramblers used to play. Privately owned land, fenced off and 'No Cycling' signs up.

An area behind the Pedalabikeaway Cycle Centre was marked up as a 'Skills Riding Area' on a speculative consultation/proposal map for Coalfields Regeneration Money a few years ago but that came to nothing.

The current developments are in the area behind Pedalabikeaway and are being driven by a group named Dean Trail Volunteers with the support of the FC. This group has started after the demise of the original FoDCA (Forest of Dean Cycling Association) group of volunteers who founded the FoDCA XC Trail. The FoDCA Trail will be renamed and further developed. The DTV have so far done a lot of work with the FC to bring the DH trails up to date with grading, signage, trail maintenance, etc. and will now be extending and further developing the XC trail. There is a new website but as far as I am aware has not gone public yet. I'm not [yet, must join up!] a member of DTV so it's not for me to steal their thunder. My information mainly comes from being involved with a company that has agreed with FC to supply materials for part of the proposed trail building 😀

walleater

It's good to hear there's plenty going on.

I'm sure I signed a petition circa 2006 which proposed developing an area away from the Pedalabikeaway (Christ that's tricky to type out!) centre. Maybe my memory is blurred and it was in fact the Skills Riding Area.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New FOD Uplift service’ is closed to new replies.