Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • New Danny MacAskill ad
  • beefy

Here is new ad with the uber talented Danny MacAskill (the guys who did the doves video).

I only found out about it when my brother in law texted me, as his band did the music. (Aereogramme, song is called Barriers, from "My heart has a wish that you would not go")

Its pretty cool!

Danny MacAskill ad

Smee
    Free Member

Superb.

rolfharris
    Free Member

He's something else isn't he?

I really like how you always see him in a helmet too- a lot of trials riders/dirt jumpers/bmxers don't and it's good that Macaskill, being as well known as he is, always has one on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What the blinking flip was that flair-thing off the tree all about! Wow.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

very good, and nice tune too 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

Good stuff, liked the tree thing to

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Amazing riding.

I wonder how he'd cope with the gnarlfest that is Llandegla though?

😉

tails
    Free Member

ha he's not bad on two wheels is he. Nicely shot as well

0091paddy
    Free Member

That man is amazing, happy to see him now making a living from it as well. 8)

glenp
    Free Member

Danny MegaSkill

Bunnyhop

It brings a tear of joy to my eye.

grumm
    Free Member

My mate directed/filmed that video – I was going to post it but he said that version isn't his properly edited version and the s1jobs people just put it up anyway. I expect he's just being a prima donna though!

Said Danny was a nice lad – they had some stunt with jumping off a bridge onto the roof of a van lined up, but he decided it was a bit sketchy.

Sounds like he is making a pretty decent living out of his skills now – good on him.

vinnyeh

Great stuff again.
    I (seriously) wonder what he'd be like on the likes of Jacobs Ladder- could he clean it?

mafu26
    Free Member

I think his trail riding skills are pretty decent. Went riding trials with him in aviemore in the snow and he bought his SX trail out and suitably ragged it everywhere with ease.

RealMan
    Free Member

some stunt with jumping off a bridge onto the roof of a van lined up, but he decided it was a bit sketchy.

A moving van?? A BIT sketchy??

Went riding trials with him in aviemore in the snow

Could not be more jealous.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

British Cycling rocks. MacAskill hitting the big time, Peaty winning the World Champs and of course let's not forget our rather talented Olympic team. Makes me proud to be a cyclist 😀

grumm
    Free Member

It wasn't a moving van!

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Cracking video with some truly spectacular riding. I don't see how it's an advert for a recruitment agency though. Surely the message is "look how much fun riding a bike can be…and you want to get a real job??".
    I bet Danny certainly does love his job.

kona_uk
    Free Member

Great vid, anyone know what the tune was ?

Ben_Haworth

Music is ‘Barriers’ by Aereogramme from their album ‘My Heart Has A Wish That You Would Not Go’ on Glasgow’s Chemikal Underground Records.

More Danny MacAskill Video Radness

guitarhero
    Free Member

good vid, but horrible song

Stoner
    Free Member

pfttttttt – he must be brave. I wouldn't leave that bike locked up there! 😉

Bet hope are happy to have their green team hubs all over the tinterweb at the moment.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Bet hope are happy to have their green team hubs all over the tinterweb at the moment.

Er, that's sort of why they're the colour they are!

Stoner
    Free Member

errr, thats why I said so…

I turned off "sarcasm" between the the locking the bike comment and the Hope comment. 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

A shot I took of him in Glasgow last month, on a not-so-spectacular 10ft scaff.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Sorry missed the switch over, I'll look harder next time 😉

Northwind

Very cool… Some of the shots are a bit odd, cars obscuring the tricks etc mind.

(oh, and WHY THE VIOLIN! How to ruin a great song… What were they thinking. Live it had muscles, on the album it has screeching)

chvck
    Free Member

How big is that drop at 3:50?! Mental! Pretty cool that your brother is in Aereogramme beefy, be into them for quite a while!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

He's only f**king awesome, thats all!

Wookster

1.05……….. 😯 have watched it four times to see just what actually happens that chap is amazing!!!!

rob1984p
    Free Member

really like the tune really love the vid and the fact its shot a bit differently, i think its a wicked bit of advertising for that agency as anyone cyclist or not could relate to how skillful that is and that to get to that level you love what you do.

Innes
    Free Member

That bit with the tree is amazing!

Good to see him making a living from his skills, he is too good to be stuck in the back of a bike shop in Edinburgh.

grumm
    Free Member

Some of the shots are a bit odd, cars obscuring the tricks etc mind.

Bear in mind not all of these shots will make it into the actual ad – this is all the stuff that was sent to s1jobs, not the final edit.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bear in mind not all of these shots will make it into the actual ad – this is all the stuff that was sent to s1jobs, not the final edit.

I think most ads are about 30 seconds, this one is currently four and a half minutes, so there is alot to 'not make it'. So far, as a Danny Macaskill ad, it's very good, as a s1jobs ad, it's completely lost.

grumm
    Free Member

Like I said, he wasn't really very happy about them putting it up on youtube – said it was just a collection of all the shots.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Like I said, he wasn't really very happy about them putting it up on youtube

Like you said he wasn't very happy, Where?

martinxyz
    Free Member

sootyandjim, he would cope with it no problem at all! he can ride dh/trails very well.heres him at airs rock,laggan. a few years ago now
    http://martin-james.fotopic.net/p16216337.html

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘New Danny MacAskill ad’ is closed to new replies.