Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)
  • New Cotic full Suss
  • honourablegeorge

For the last 2 and a half years we have been working on a new full suspension frame. It’s finally finished and going into production, so we wanted to announce that we’re back in the game and they’re due in mid-March 2012.
    The frame is called the Cotic Rocket. It’s a trail bike with 150mm rear travel for 140-160mm forks. I have so much to tell you about, but I’m going to do that in detail over the next few weeks in (relatively) easily digested chunks via the mailing list.

It has been a long project, and we’re incredibly proud of this bike

clubber
    Free Member

Does it have flash?

edd

Woo hoo!

jameso

I hope its something to do with the front triangle I saw in a factory a while back that looked ace. I wanted one there and then and have been biting my lip to keep schtum since seeing it .. but 150mm is more than I need really. Anyway, it looked good.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Terrible name but a cracking looking bike

wors

you have a linky to the picture?

wrecker
    Free Member

Start a thread about a new bike and not include a picture?
    Then comments leike this;

Cruel bastards.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

I agree with MatthewH, average name but it does look good, especially in the flesh 😉

Matt

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

buy one and you can tell the missus that you’re off to the shed to polish your rocket.

IGMC

Stevelol
    Free Member

I personally think the name is ace! It has a zing to it, and it’s definitely one of the nicest looking bikes around at the moment.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Nothing on the website about it!

eyerideit
    Free Member

where can I see a picutre:?: :!:[/u]

Stevelol
    Free Member

There’s tonnes of pics on google …. :/

wwaswas

from cotic on twitter;

No pictures until we have the final finished this-is-what-you-can-buy frame. Patience. All will be revealed in due course.

Paceman
    Free Member

It has a zing to it, and it’s definitely one of the nicest looking bikes around at the moment.

Got a link to a photo then??

Not the best name I agree, but there are much worse out there.

v8ninety

^This!! A google only comes up with this thread, annoyingly. (should have called it the Cotic Wild Goose…)

eyerideit
    Free Member

All I’m seeing are hemlocks, help an idiot out and post me a link!

eyerideit
    Free Member

sheeeeeet

honourablegeorge

Stunning bike.

wrecker
    Free Member

No pictures until we have the final finished this-is-what-you-can-buy frame. Patience. All will be revealed in due course.

Why bother mentioning it then FFS?
    Pathetic stunt. Bored of it already.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Do you think it looks like you could fit a coil in there? I cant tell uf the top tube would be in the way.

eyerideit
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member
    Stunning bike.

where are you seeing this, can you at least draw us all a picture?

I wanted a Hemlock and I feel like this could replace my PACE (replacement to the 405)/ASR 5C lust.

I’m itching to see it but feel peeved like wrecker at the tease of it.

I’m awash with conflicting emotions about this post

jota180
    Free Member

Let’s hope this one stays in one piece for a while longer

khani
    Free Member

Poidh… 😕

scruff
    Free Member

Cable routing looks well sorted, true UK design.

v8ninety

Ahh yes, ummm, got one; oooh, not sure about that head angle, looks a bit slack to me. Pandering to latest fashions, methinks?
    8)

ononeorange

It does look good.

Clobber
    Free Member

Is that a tapered headtube?

Northwind

Hope my list of demands has been met… If it’s going to tempt me off my Hemlock it’s got to have better chain clearance round the swingarm (since the revised one is a wee bit jammy), ISCG05 mounts (and ideally better clearance for chain devices), dropper cable routing, and be a wee bit slacker as standard (mine is 2 degrees slacker than normal, I’d go further if I could) Should also have a big enough triangle to take more coil shocks. Would be nice if it looks less like a crane, and weighs a little less, and get rid of the blind bearings as that was a right pain.

Ideally, should snap in half a bit less too but it seems like Cy’s learned all he needed to learn on that subject already tbh, anyone ever seen the revised swingarm break? Mine hasn’t and it’s had a lot asked for it, not many 100mm travel bikes go endurance downhill racing 🙂 (it had the wrong length shock in, don’t ask me why)

orena45

Wow, that’s amazing! How’d they managed to fit that in there?!

snakebite
    Free Member

Looks good, routing looks tidy as well. Black is still the colour!

wors

There’s a couple of frames due out early next year that I have my eye on, hopefully the cotic will be there too, as long as he hasn’t gone down the route of press fit BB 👿

scruff
    Free Member

Not sure about the new graphix, perhaps the pics are showing a prototype colorway ?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

what’s the small single guide on the top tube for?

adeward
    Free Member

Hope it has tin tin style rockets as part of the graphics

Gunz
    Free Member

As I die-hard hardtail rider that is the first FS frame I’ve seen that retains that clean look whilst also looking as techy as hell. Well done Cotic.

Gunz
    Free Member

By the way, I presume that all those posting about how good it looks are also just making everything up as I can’t find a picture anywhere either.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Am I missing something here? I can’t find any pictures of it…

Houns

lols

matthew_h
    Free Member

Some of us may have actually seen it real life

#worstkeptsecretinthehopevalley

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘New Cotic full Suss’ is closed to new replies.