Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • New computer required, PC or Mac?
  • GSter
    Free Member

Perhaps, but those are the applications that I and many others use for processing photos which, according to GSter, is where the "Mac pisses all over a PC" because there is "No extra software to install".

What he actually means though is there is no extra software to install provided that you are happy with the limitations of iPhoto. Just like there is no extra software to install if you are happy with the limitations of Windows Photo Gallery.

And I don't really think you can argue that most people don't need photoshop, but that Garageband is useful! I'm sure even in uber-creative Macland, more people take photos than compose their own songs.

Graham, a couple of things Fella:
    a.) If you buy a PC/Mac off the shelf, which is the easiest / quickest to load your photos onto straight out of the box (i.e, no need to register, upload or find any new s/w)? (answer: MAC……and hence the"pisses over" quote !)

b.) Agreed, Photoshop (or other) could be used (a point of fact is that I regularly get my shots published in International mags and do not own/use any photo manipulation software…I just take GREAT pics!), but neither Mac or PC comes with this Adobe package as standard, so a dull and not comparable arguement for either platform.

c.) Your wild and unfounded 'assumptions' are just that……..please don't make assumptions on 'what I mean' as you are a mile off, but do keep pounding the PC point though as it is HIGHLY amusing and I think that you "may protest TOO much" !!! (I can send you a Mac if you want one!) 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Are you girls still arguing about 'my computer is better than your computer?'

Get a life…

GSter
    Free Member

You looked and wrote last……
    Got rid of my Mac ealrier today, realising it was in fact Shit !
    I bought a newspaper instead

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

Ah but you've written after me so that makes you a….Oh, I've done it agin…..

GrahamS

If you buy a PC/Mac off the shelf, which is the easiest / quickest to load your photos onto straight out of the box

AFAIK both systems, off the shelf, will allow you to plug in a digital camera, download images and then look at them and do basic manipulation – without installing any extra software.

neither Mac or PC comes with this Adobe package as standard

My intent was to illustrate that a Mac isn't a magic box that comes with all the software you ever need for photo processing, as you seemed to be implying.

Your wild and unfounded 'assumptions' are just that……..please don't make assumptions on 'what I mean' as you are a mile off

Well be more clear about what you mean and I won't need to second guess you 😛

You said: "For 'ease' of use with processing photos, videos, managing and editing….the Mac pisses all over a PC. No extra software to install….."

That sounds like you mean iPhoto is everything you could ever need. In my opinion, anyone who is into "processing photos" will definitely want to install something else.

do keep pounding the PC point though as it is HIGHLY amusing and I think that you "may protest TOO much" !!!

My first post was genuinely in favour of Macs, go back and look!
    I just get annoyed at all the blind zealotry and plainly-incorrect nonsense spouted on both sides (though on this particular thread the Jobbites seem to be coming out with the greatest pile of bull).

I can send you a Mac if you want one

Yes please. I'd quite like one so I can write some iPhone stuff (which obviously I can only do with Apple-sanctioned OS and hardware… for my own good).

Now lets settle this debate over a nice game of… oh.. yeah sorry I forgot.. erm… Chess Titans? 😉

tomzo
    Free Member

yeah because the microsoft zune worked on macs and pc's….oh no…wait….it didn't

GrahamS

yeah because the microsoft zune worked on macs and pc's….oh no…wait….it didn't

It didn't work on anything… because no one ever bought one 😀

dyna-ti

Get a gaming rig built,if its powerful enough it will handle anything you want to do with it and play the very latest games,£600-£700 will get you a good un
    A mac equivalent will cost over a grand and wont run the latest games
    Mac for business and media
    PC for surfing,gaming,music and everything else you can possible think of,including business and media 😉

flipiddy
    Free Member

PC for surfing,gaming,music and everything else you can possible think of,including business and media

I'm surprised PC's are still used for gaming when generally the experience sucks (granted, Steam was heading in the right direction last time I used it). Consoles have become so good these days there is just no contest – PC gaming is a niche for hobbyists.

My friends and I gave up on PC's for gaming 4 years ago (we used to run and admin Quake3, Halo & Unreal servers) and haven't looked back. No configuration worries, no upgrade cycle every 18 months and a superior online experience. Love it.

So for the best all-round experience, basically what you really meant was:

Xbox/PS3 for Gaming…

A Mac for business, media, surfing, music and everything else you can possibly think of… (although you can play games)

Right? 😉

samuri
    Free Member

nah, PC gaming still blows consoles away. Superior graphics (obviously with the appropriate hardware), usually much more flexible save game arrangements, better games (assuming you want to play more in depth games rather than just blast fests), the option to configure things how you want. Consoles are great for if you just want to sit down for twenty minutes and shoot at things but for all night, bleary eyed world building, PC's are better. Although I understand I'm probably in the minority with this view as games become dumbed down.

Funny really. Before MAC's became popular the same arguments we see here would be made about the PC and Amiga. The most common shout from PC owners about the Amiga would be 'But it's just a games machine', which was both untrue and wildy ironic and it's very unlikely PC's would be half as popular as they are now without their gaming past.

kiwijohn

B
    O
    R
    I
    N
    G
    !

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘New computer required, PC or Mac?’ is closed to new replies.