Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New chainset required
  • younggeoff

Just snapped another M960 XTR crank and now need some new ones, what deals are there at the moment for XT or something similar from a different manufacturer. Cheers.

thefallguy
    Free Member

rutland cycles have got new xtr for £249 on ebay

njee20
    Free Member

Send them back to Madison? XTR cranks shouldn't snap…

tragically1969
    Free Member

Just snapped another M960 XTR crank

How and where do they fail, what were you doing at the time, i think if i was snapping XTR cranks i would either think i was doing something wrong or using the wrong product ?

younggeoff

Snapped at the axle end where the pinch bolts are, I was sprinting to get past a parked bus at the time. Already spoke to Steels in Gosforth they're going to send them off to Madison for me.

njee20
    Free Member

That's not right. I'd certainly wait to see the outcome of that. Madison are extremely good on warranty with XTR stuff particularly.

wwaswas

Middleburn?

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

Already spoke to Steels in Gosforth they're going to send them off to Madison for me.

I shuold think so too. If you said you were landing a jump or drop and they snapped then maybe but road riding? That's not right.

you said "another" XTR crank … you've broken one before?

njee20
    Free Member

Are you a 'larger' gentleman?

younggeoff

Cracked one in Les Gets two years ago, crack on the thread but only discovered that when I got home so no idea what caused that.

I'm under 12 stone so probably about 12 1/2stone kitted up, tend to push big gears as opposed to spinning but they still sholdn't brake, I'll post a pic when I get a moment

goonie
    Free Member

Just recieved xt m770 chainset from rutland cycles for £113 this is the cheapest price I could find.

angryratio
    Free Member

Fellow Geordie..
    Steels new shop is rather lovely.

nonk
    Free Member

where is it now?

angryratio
    Free Member

Round corner from old shop.. what used to be a large fishing tackle shop, two floors…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New chainset required’ is closed to new replies.