Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New bike time!!!!
  • piha
    Free Member

Treated myself to a new bike, picked it up on Friday after finding it by chance. I was thinking about a Genesis IOID 11 speed Alfine but when I saw this one I really liked it and had to have it.

First ride out yesterday in the Surrey Hills/North Downs. I haven’t had a steel framed bike since I was a nipper and I have been using a FS since getting back on the bikes a few years ago, so I was a bit concerned whether I would be uncomfortable on it but I was really surprised how comfy it is to ride and ended up doing about 35 miles in pretty miserable weather. Heli tape on order so hopefully here tomorrow and ready for Wednesdays night ride.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice. Do you need hrli tape to ride at night? 😉

Simwit

Looks like your rug needs hoovering!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Holy Bejesus is that an ‘IF’? How did you come buy it (pun intended).

We were out on the Surrey Hills yesterday but we rode in the morning so got the best of the weather. It was actually sunny at several points and the trails were mostly riding OK.

cinnamon_girl

Very nice piha! Another person wondering how you found it by chance. ❓

Not replacing your lovely Mojo surely?

piha
    Free Member

The IF came to my attention when I had to take my fubared 11 month old Chris King bottom bracket back to a certain London bike shop. I checked their website and it was advertised as a sale item. When I got to the shop I had a look at the bike and rode it up and down the street a few times. Everything fitted well enough and so I thought I’d better have it!

Chunky – hrli tape helps concentrate the light beam to just where you need it at night. 😆

Simwit – you’re quite correct, the rug does need hoovering, had a couple of lovely but dirty dogs visit on Saturday!

geetee1972 – Tis an IF Deluxe, you done the right thing getting out early on Sunday.

Hi CG – How are you? Hopefully I will make the Swinley sexy ride, are you taking your Mojo and my Mojo is definitely staying with me. I think that the two bikes compliment each other really well.

geetee1972
    Free Member

lovely but dirty dogs visit on Saturday!

Oooh er missus

cinnamon_girl

I just love the idea of finding a bike by chance!!! Excellent excuse!!! Do bring it to Swinley and show it the single track.

I’ll bring my Mojo if it’s dry cos she doesn’t get on with mud her rider is too weedy to cope.

montylikesbeer

nice grouting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New bike time!!!!’ is closed to new replies.