Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • new bike shopping soon
  • andybrad

Ok folks, Ive just had a call from the insurance company and I should be getting a cheque for my stolen bike in the next few weeks. This gives me some time to go and look at some new shiney shiney. Im looking for some help if you don’t mind.

The bike I last was a nerve al+6.0 with dropper post etc. A good bike and a lot of travel. I don’t think I would want much more travel than this as while it was fast it was also a little numb on some things.

So im looking at. An orange 5 probably 2013 , a new heckler (just ) but basic spec a lapierre zesty (the new AM one just) or a canyon spectral Al 8.0

They all seem like good kit and anything I will be getting will probably outlast me. The kit on the canyon is far superior to everything else but it’s a long lead time. If im honest at the moment ill probably not notice the difference between the bikes due to my skill and fitness level and they will all outclass me im sure. Ive always thought the zestys look lovely but im concerned about the reliability of the frame. Ive had a sit on a few oranges and they ride better than they look which seems to be a good thing because that welding is shocking! However I do like the idea of having a British made bike. I just like the blue colour of the new heckler tbh and know bugger all about the bike.

So any help and advice? Ive had the go ahead from the mrs so its all good. Ill be mainly riding around Calderdale , hebden and the odd trail centre.

Can you help point me in the right direction?

andybrad

no one?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sounds like you want the blue one 🙂

andybrad

possibly 🙂

downhilldave

Have recently bought a 2014 Spicy,fantastic bike.Don’t know what the reliability will be like but the frame has a six year warranty.The Zesty is the same frame so should be good. It’s a much better bike than my DW link 5 Spot which i thought was brilliant. And they sell them locally 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For value for money, be sure to check out Giant and Spesh as well. Excellent frames/parts, and superb warranty back up (Should you need it!)

Trance X worth a punt, perhaps?

batman11
    Free Member

Hi buddy ok only my 2pence worth. Heckler and orange are pretty similar but I’m a Cruz fan so that would be my choice,
    If a canyon floats your boat check out the cube brand to fritz is in the same vain if there are any left and you have a dealer near you of cause.
    As for lap and commie can’t comment.
    But for me a single pivot would be my choice and like you I do quit like the blue on the Cruz :
    Bats

andybrad

interesting comments folks.

im going to try and get some test rides but some folks are wanting upwards of 50 quid for the pleasure of spending money with them. Seems a little cheeky to me.

batman11
    Free Member

Normally you’d get that back if you purchased from them though?

andybrad

its a lot if you dont like it though, although a lot less if you had just got the bike i guess

andybrad

right its down to the orange 5 and the canyon.

https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/series/spectral-al.html

or

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/five_s/

im testing the 5 but wont know what the canyon will be like…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘new bike shopping soon’ is closed to new replies.