• This topic has 33 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by flow.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • New bike – Orange Five content
  • flow
    Free Member

I got my new bike today and I’m very pleased with it, so thought I would post it on here for you lot to tell me how ugly it is 😆

_MG_6052 by J@yk@y, on Flickr

_MG_5994 by J@yk@y, on Flickr

_MG_5990 by J@yk@y, on Flickr

_MG_5992 by J@yk@y, on Flickr

I’m soooooo looking forward to riding it, but I’m still not well and not quite sure when I will be able to 😥

Bregante

Erm. Didn’t you just sell one of them?? (which was equally as “nice”)

Northwind

Is that to replace the AM? Looking good.

rOcKeTdOg

i like the headtube badge

I_Ache
    Free Member

Rims arnt quite fitting for a bike like that are they. I’m thinking about putting some of them on my XC bike.

flow
    Free Member

Thanks Northwind, I sold the AM because there is no chance I will be doing any riding warranting one for a long time yet. Plus this is a 17″ which fits me better.

billysugger
    Free Member

blah blah filing cabinet blah

looks sweet

treat it to a dropper

foxyrider
    Free Member

Very nice (fellow Five owner 😉 )

flow
    Free Member

Erm. Didn’t you just sell one of them?? (which was equally as “nice”)

I did, it hasn’t been collected yet though

_MG_6059 by J@yk@y, on Flickr

billysugger
    Free Member

Hope brakes on the new one?

The machining on the calipers is very nice

flow
    Free Member

Rims arnt quite fitting for a bike like that are they. I’m thinking about putting some of them on my XC bike.

You would be surprised actually, they are really stiff (on the demo bike), and not as skinny as you think.

Although it is really an XC bike.

Yes Billy, lovely looking things.

J273
    Free Member

Maybe a daft question….Looking to buy a five myself

Whats the difference between the two?

Is it only components or are the frames different?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Admit it, you just wanted shiny kashima bits.

Northwind

flow – Member

Although it is really an XC bike.

Aye, this is it… They can’t really cash the cheques a Five can write, not strong enough. But then most owners won’t care since they’ll not be coming close to the capabilities of the frame anyway. Always think they’re a bit cheap for such a build but for most people they work.

flow
    Free Member

Whats the difference between the two?

Is it only components or are the frames different?

The light blue one is an AM. All the parts are different except the bars, stem and saddle.

Admit it, you just wanted shiny kashima bits.

Well yeah and that 😉

Wibble89
    Free Member

And wheels?

Edit: no, 321’s

Oxboy
    Free Member

Great colour! Lovely bike and Kashima . . . mmmmmmmm

flow
    Free Member

Thanks Oxboy

Aye, this is it… They can’t really cash the cheques a Five can write, not strong enough. But then most owners won’t care since they’ll not be coming close to the capabilities of the frame anyway. Always think they’re a bit cheap for such a build but for most people they work.

I don’t know, I gave them a good hammering on the demo bike, they seemed pretty strong. Definitely a lot stiffer than I expected. I am only 12 1/2 stone though.

grantway
    Free Member

Nice new one But why did you not just change the fork!
    How much have you lost to a cost of new forks?

wors

thats a lovely looking bike.

robnorthcott
    Free Member

Front brake disc is on backwards isn’t it? (on the dark blue one)

The sloping “spokes” are supposed to be angled to expand the disc rim under braking to keep it under tension and stop it folding. Theoretically it could collapse under hard braking the way it is now.

Nice looking bike though – I quite like the look of them, whatever people say.

Rob

flow
    Free Member

Thanks Wors.

Its not just the forks Grantway. The new one is a 17″ frame, it also has new kashima RP23, 10 speed (which changing to alone would have cost a bomb), Hope brakes, and lighter wheels 😉

Front brake disc is on backwards isn’t it? (on the dark blue one)

Thanks Rob, didn’t notice myself.

downs523
    Free Member

Nice five mate(both of them!!) I have had my 17 inch frame five for a few weeks now and I am loving it! Having both of them have you noticed much difference between the two regarding the kashima coating on both fork and shock? Is it worth the upgrade? I got the S model with upgraded hope hubs and front fork to the fox 32 RL I haven’t had anything better so it all seems so so so good lol

Karinofnine

Lovely. I have an Orange 5. Great bikes. Lovin’ the forks.

montylikesbeer

V tidy

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Very nice… particularly like the new headbadge.. 8)

Personally, I’d have kept both of them – as you are starting to build up to a pretty rainbow effect with Orange 5 frames there.

cardo

Love it, great colour… (but yes your front rotor is on the wrong way round mate)

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve never seen one of those before……what did you say it was again?

orangewinger
    Free Member

When did you order that, I’m currently into week two of the long(ish) wait?

hora
    Free Member

You need to sort your pipping out. Box it off or recess IMO.

flow
    Free Member

Nice five mate(both of them!!) I have had my 17 inch frame five for a few weeks now and I am loving it! Having both of them have you noticed much difference between the two regarding the kashima coating on both fork and shock? Is it worth the upgrade? I got the S model with upgraded hope hubs and front fork to the fox 32 RL I haven’t had anything better so it all seems so so so good lol

Hi Downs, I have only ridden it briefly, not off road yet, but I must say the forks and shock are so damn smooth, they definitely feel different to the non kashima forks and shock.

When did you order that, I’m currently into week two of the long(ish) wait?

It was quite a long wait, but as I’m not well and can’t ride, I flew by TBH.

Thanks for the comments

mr_mills
    Free Member

What do you call those two shades of blue then? Light one is powder blue and the dark one plasma or electric or something else?

flow
    Free Member

Spot on, powder blue and electric blue.

flow
    Free Member

Tagged downgrade, hmmmm ok.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘New bike – Orange Five content’ is closed to new replies.