• This topic has 44 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • New bike… Dark side … can't wait
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

What bar tape?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The orange stuff in your first photo.

MisterT

KINGTUT – the bar tape

The orange stuff in your first photo.

is actualy darker than the photos indicate, and since it's leather it will darken and improve with age. – this pic is more representative colour:

njee20

Agree with trail_rat on the head angle, particularly compared to the Cervelo, does look a bit 'twitchy'!

I had my reservations too, and to be honest, wasn't impressed with the angles when it arrived, since it was originaly spec'd as 73 deg head and seat. and I still havn't managed to speak with Mark @ Enigma to check if it's an error.. but the amazing thing is that it rides brilliantly as it is. it seems the age old adage of "it's not the angles alone that matter" is true, since it's the combination of front-centre with fork offset with trail that makes it work or not. and although I had reservations about 74 deg head, on the road it rides v-nicely. I have steep climbs, steep sweeping descents and long flat sections during my 30km ride to work across the peak district this morning, and this bike turned through the bends much easier than I'm used to yet so very smoothly and not at all twitchy. I can ride no-hands with ease. it just feels right (so far)
    I'll be taking the longer route home tonight, via Macclesfield and Buxton to put it through more testing, but so far I'm chuffed.

trail_rat
    Free Member

saddle is lovely – thats all im saying king tut 😉

Kuco

Very nice bike MisterT.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘New bike… Dark side … can't wait’ is closed to new replies.