Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Bike – Classic given a new life
  • B@rney
    Free Member

Well happy with my latest project. I used to own an SX and it was a bike that I loved and wish I had’nt sold, got a cracking deal on a 2nd hand frame so had to get. Replaced the bearings, new lick of paint and bought mainly through the classifieds. Fit and forget was mainly my thinking.
    After an initial ride I’m absolutely chuffed to bits with it, re-lighting my love for the way it rides and the way it just feels well…right
    Not sure on weight yet but ar’nt arsed – its class.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Nice. Very nice indeed.

B@rney
    Free Member

Well impressed with the tyres, they have had good reviews and I’d back that up. Fancied something different and well happy with them. roll really quick for a big tyre. Super grip too!

I_Ache
    Free Member

You wanted fit and forget so you fitted Fox suspension?

I do love those old enduros tho. I fancy another one.

rootes1

that that is a smart looking bike! A*

ruminant
    Free Member

where did you get the respray done? looks nice

GaryLake
    Free Member

You wanted fit and forget so you fitted Fox suspension?

My Floats and Vanillas have been very fit and forget.

epicsteve
    Free Member

While nice I’d suggest that isn’t a classic SX. This is a classic SX:

I’ve got another old Enduro as well – an S-works one.

stumpy01

Looks very nice. Unusual frame colour, but it works. Looks good in the photo, so probably looks even better in the flesh.

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Brave saddle choice.

What’s that cassette?

B@rney
    Free Member

Thanks for the big ups guys, first bike I’ve posted up, thought it deserved it.

Ruminant – got the spray done at a local spray centre. Asked for a unique colour and they came up with that, its got white and silver like a pearl effect.

I_Ache – My fox forks have been spot on and had no probs in the past.? Run rockshox and magura on my other bikes so not biased.

Epic – that is a classic but never thought they rode that well to be honest. Very iconic though!

Joe@brooks – its a kcnc i had as a spare. Love the toupes, fits my ass perfectly.?.

scruzer
    Free Member

Talk about a Phoenix rising from the ashes…Truely inspirational!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Bike – Classic given a new life’ is closed to new replies.