Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • New arrival checked in at the departure lounge…
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

No ride for me this morning! Can’t think of a situation where a bloke feels more useless than a labour ward!

Pook

good luck!

Sandwich

All the best to Mrs M6TTF. Prepare to be awestruck!

oldgit
    Free Member

Any hot nurses 😀

matt_outandabout

Go and help her – you are not useless, you are what she needs around to encourage, support, love and generally be you.

enfht
    Free Member

Good luck fella!

One word of advice, when the nurses pass by and ask “would you like a tea or coffee” they are NOT taking to you 😀

(any hot nurses?)

oldgit
    Free Member

Go and help her – you are not useless, you are what she needs around to encourage, support, love and generally be you.

Hippy

Wookster

Go and help her – you are not useless, you are what she needs around to encourage, support, love and generally be you. eh yes but no!

What she wants is you to Get her any thing she wants including support! My wife didn’t want any of the cuddling back rubbing NCTM stuff! I provided water, a hand to squeeze, and a fan when commanded other wise I sat in the chair or by the birthing pool!

Second time around the midwife was shooting me dirty looks for sitting out of the way! I felt really bad and had to say look Im doing exactly what she wants! To which my wife then said he’s fine I don’t want anyone near me!, 😆

It’s an amazing thing to see, and it’s amazing how your OH will cope with it all.

My one piece of advice is she’ll be knackered so try to take the weight off her as much as possible for the first day or so, as JR will do its thing straight way. It’s a brill experience kids tough but great! Oh the the black tar like poo only lasts. Few days………. 😯

Best of luck to all three of you!

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’d like to say I’m a dab hand, this is no.2 – but no.1 ended up being a EC-Section, fingers crossed this one runs smoother

bruneep

Any hot nurses

Hmmm best not call them nurses, does tend to grate Mrs b when she’s called a nurse.

M6TTF
    Free Member

No Fitties yet, should be a shift swap soon 😉

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Can we assume there are no pubs nearby.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Don’t go to the pub. I had to buy a cigar for everyone in there when I got a text to say mine had arrived safely.

kaesae
    Free Member

All the best 😀

flip
    Free Member

Rather you than me.

Good luck 😉

rickmeister

Missing biking today.. take an Isla Bike along…. just getting ready like…..

smell_it
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about your morning dump.

Good luck though!

Any hot nurses?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Question has to be asked – head end or business end?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

We had our second a week last Thursday. He’s still sleeping 20 hours a day!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It’s like watching a slow motion car crash.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It’s like watching a slow motion car crash.

Aye, a bad one.

oldgit
    Free Member

My one piece of advice is she’ll be knackered so try to take the weight off her as much as possible for the first day or so

Yes very good point. Lower the ironing board so she can do it sitting down.

RustySpanner

Can’t think of a situation where a blokewoman feels more useless than in a labour ward!

Good luck matey!

matt_outandabout

Are we there yet?
    M6TTF earlier:

M6TTF
    Free Member

Well after a traumatic start and it looking like we were going down the road of a section like last time, my amazing wife pulled it out the bag and at 8.12pm with a bit of pulling from the midwife, Evan made himself known at a petite 6lb 5, everyone thought he was a she so that was quite a surprise! He’s a handsome little devil 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Congratulations, top job there by mrs m6ttf.

andyl
    Free Member

Congrats to you and the Mrs 😀

cheez0
    Free Member

well done m8ee, congratulations!

theotherjonv

well done!

Just reading this now, I had to make one comment. Don’t anyone in this situation, ever, give your missus a hand to squeeze.

She’ll crush every bone in it.

Two fingers will smart enough to give her satisfaction but avoids multiple metacarpal fractures.

<voice of experience>

sv

Congrats!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just reading this now, I had to make one comment. Don’t anyone in this situation, ever, give your missus a hand to squeeze.

A friend recommended taking my wedding ring off when mrs blobby goes into labour. Nothing to do with lovely nurses… the hand crushing is just a lot less painful!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘New arrival checked in at the departure lounge…’ is closed to new replies.