Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • New 29"er wanted
  • mboy
    Free Member

£399, not bad I thought. When people see the new hx2 frames in the flesh they are usually very impressed with the quality

Fair enough, I thought they were £499… In which case they are better value than I first thought.

Clink

Maybe everyone has a swift for a reason

I think Swifts look great (never ridden one) but until recently not really much choice in affordable steel 29ers – hence there are plenty of Swifts and Inbred 29ers about.

At last the market is expanding and more options are slowly becoming available. The Chumba would seem a good option.

For the OP another choice might be a second hand ti O-O Lynskey 29er? Seatpost only 27.2 though…

PePPeR

clink funnily enough that has been suggested by someone else too!

Anyone know of a O-O Lynskey 29er for sale?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Oh and I also meant to say about the “BIG” guys who ride these bikes, I don’t see you guys keeping them for a long time, Ton seems to change bikes quite often and Bigsi didn’t keep his bike for long either!

I had a swift, it’s nicer than the 2005 Rig, and steering a bit more nimble than a 2010 Rig with non-G2 forks. Still miss the 2004 Supercaiber which was a fantastic frame if made for a lighter person than me.

However the Swift acted as the crumple zone together with my wrist in a high speed stop. Impressively Sam offered a crash replacement terms which I have yet to take up as the wrist is still not right. 😥

I would recomend a Swift (other frames are available) the Chumba looks good value if you can get the right forks

Markie
    Free Member

Having read through properly, I realise the below isn’t even on the table, but I’ll pretend I was first responder and mention it anyway…

Do you want front suspension? The Ragley TD:1 looks awesome to me (but what I want is the 26″ equivalent!),

Clobber
    Free Member

Swift

PePPeR

Markie good call, will wander off and look at Ragleys site!

ton

PePPeR – Member
    Oh and I also meant to say about the “BIG” guys who ride these bikes, I don’t see you guys keeping them for a long time, Ton seems to change bikes quite often and Bigsi didn’t keep his bike for long either!

mate, the main reason that i dont keep bikes for very long, is that
    a. they are just bikes…nothing else
    b. i can afford to swap and change as i please
    c. i want to try as many bike as i can. 8)

stevemakin
    Free Member

Cotic

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

No Probs Rich, the offer is there if you want it, catch you for that coffee one day 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Just to add to this the reason i no longer ride the Swift is because something heavy dropped on the top tube while it was in the shed denting the top tube 2-3 inches behind the head tube. This has since turned in to a hair line crack so its not safe to ride not is it economical to repair.

Sam has also offered me a crash replacement which i am yet to take him up on which is not bad when you consider i bought his ex-demo bike.

I would definatly get another Swift & fully intend to do so once finances allow.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

no large Swifts available until to July according to Singular website 😉

TiRed

Surprised that nobody has mentioned a Kona Unit 29er. Steel, sliding dropouts, not a Swift or On One (if that is important to you). I like mine. Not sure of availability though. I’m 179cm and ride an 18″ which fits perfectly.

OCB
    Free Member

27.2 seat-post again … but if you don’t fancy a Swift, maybe a Gryphon?

PePPeR

Gryphons not want I need, I already have a Lemond Poprad which I’ll take anywhere!

I’m still looking, Sam never got back to me so I take it Swifts are out till the next delivery!

The only thing I can see that’s still in the Running is the HX2.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Swift for me- had it a few months now and love it- my full susser is feeling neglected!
    Surprised no response from Sam- he’s always been pretty quick responding.

chainslapp
    Free Member

Agree with Pop regarding Sam’s response time. He must be on holiday or there will be a perfectly good reason why he’s not got back.

clubber
    Free Member

SSEC11 this weekend innit!

PePPeR

clubber – Member
    SSEC11 this weekend innit!

Good call.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Sam busy wedding planning ATM so you might not get an immediate response. Email me and I’ll try and help.

yoeddygrant@hotmail.co.uk

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘New 29"er wanted’ is closed to new replies.